Windows 10: Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work

Discus and support Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Learkonas, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Learkonas Win User

Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work

Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10

I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone back to using my old mouse + trackpad and touchscreen.

But now the click doesn't work on either the mouse or the trackpad. Everything else works: I can scroll/zoom/etc with the trackpad, and ditto for the mouse. Additionally, I can use the other buttons on the mouse I've reprogrammed these to things like 'Enter' and 'Ctrl+V', but when I reprogramme them to left/right click, they do not work, so I don't think it's a hardware issue

So essentially, the left and right clicks on my pointing devices do not work, but everything else associated with them does work. I can still 'click' things by tapping on the touchscreen though.

I've tried reinstalling and updating the mouse drivers and, from the Dell driver support page, updating the BIOS driver. Have tried typing 'sfc /scannow' into Cmd Prompt, which said everything was 100% fine as well; amongst other possible solutions that I can't remember.

Thanks for your suggestions

:)

Learkonas, Dec 27, 2020

2. my mouse don´t works correctly

I use all the year my mouse and it Works good but today I go to do a thing and when I returned to my computer the mouse don´t Works good.

the problem is:

when I use my mouse, for example, I move my mouse up and it goes right and if I move it right it goes down

I don´t know what to do

i have tried to uninstall the mouse but it still

please I need help...

DanielRappy, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad.

I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the touchpad listed in device manager.

I am using an ASUS FX504 i5 8th gen.

I appreciate any help.

Sarah Cynthia SylviaStout, Dec 27, 2020
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work - Similar Threads - Mouse touchpad clicks

2. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  3. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  4. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  6. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  7. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

Double click on touchpad and mouse not working: 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the...
  8. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  9. TouchPad Mouse not clicking

TouchPad Mouse not clicking: After upgrading to windows 10 my touchpad was not working, after googling around i saw someone say that windows 10 turns it off by default so i went through the device manager and turned it back on but now it is unable to click on anything and i can't use the two finger...
  10. Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind

Both Wireless Mouse & Touchpad Don't Work in Wind: I installed Windows 10 today. Both my mouse and touchpad worked fine before I installed. Now they don't work in the NEW FEATURES. I can move the mouse but I can't click on anything. By new features I am talking about Cortana, search, Edge. They both work fine on apps that...