Windows 10: Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

Discus and support Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surfacebook2 running windows 10. The right 2 or 3 inches of my screen does not respond to mouseovers, touchpad clicks or touchscreen commands. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeoffreyWilson1, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

Surfacebook2 running windows 10.

The right 2 or 3 inches of my screen does not respond to mouseovers, touchpad clicks or touchscreen commands. It is clear that the touchscreen input is received (there's a little circle on the screen), but it is not registering the clicks. The strange thing is, this affects the whole screen except for the taskbar at the bottom, which functions normally. When I restart the computer, the problem disappears for a few minutes and then returns. Any ideas on the cause and a solution?

:)

GeoffreyWilson1, Oct 12, 2019
  2. grimdbu Win User

Touchscreen acts as mouse

I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479).
    The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector.
    Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display (VGA connection) and 1 mouse (USB connection).
    The touchscreen acts as a mouse even in Tablet mode, I can see the cursor (even if I have no mouse or keyboard connected) and I can move the cursor with my finger like with a mouse. It does not act like a touchscreen at all it acts like a mouse.
    On the LG support site I found they only have drivers for Windows 8.1. Is there any way I can make Windows 10 recognize it as a touchscreen or do I have to change the monitor with another model/brand?

I tried the Windows 8.1 driver from LG site and still same issue. I tried windows driver update and still same issue.

grimdbu, Oct 12, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Touchscreen acts as mouse

Have you tried installing the Windows 8 drivers? That will probably add the gesture control settings to the mouse properties.

I don't think Windows 10 does the on-screen keyboard when a physical keyboard is available. I don't think I've ever seen an on screen keyboard on my daughter's or wife's laptops with touchscreens.

NavyLCDR, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

Flashing disks on Windows screen & little control of mouse

Hi Jim,

The symptoms which you have provided indicates a problem with your computer's touchscreen panel. These bubbles which you'd sometimes notice on the screen are "touch bubbles" which should only show up when the touchscreen panel receives some input. This is
    also the reason why your mouse pointer moves to where those bubbles are.

In the meantime, we would like to recommend disabling and re-enabling the touchscreen
    and see if it helps. If the issue persists, kindly try uninstalling and re-installing the touchscreen driver. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Click Device Manager.
    3. Expand Human Interface Devices.
    4. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen driver.
    5. Click Uninstall.
    6. Wait for the process to finish.
    7. Reboot your computer. Rebooting the computer should allow it to detect that there is a missing driver for the touchscreen thus it will automatically reinstall the driver for the touchscreen.

Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen f7b72365-0850-4303-aaf1-0573c1bbbb27?upload=true.jpg

By the way, what is the exact make and model of your computer?

Resetting the touch calibration may also help in these scenarios. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows logo key.

(If you're using a mouse, select Start.)
    2. Enter calibrate, use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and then press
      Enter.

(With a mouse, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)
    3. Press the Tab key until the Reset button is selected, and then press
      Enter.

(With a mouse, select Reset.)

If the Reset button is dimmed, your computer's touch calibration is still at factory settings. You can then skip steps 4 and 5.
    4. Press the Tab key until the Yes button is selected, press
      Enter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

(With a mouse, select Yes, and then follow the on-screen instructions.)
    5. After your computer removes the recalibration data, test the touchscreen to see if it responds appropriately.

If it is a laptop, we also recommend performing the workarounds:

• Try cleaning your screen first. Use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water or eyeglass cleaner but don’t apply liquids directly to the screen.
    • Unplug the AC power adapter.
    • Keep the battery level at over 50%.
    • Download and install the latest Windows Updates.
    • Update the firmware of your computer (This includes BIOS and chipset drivers).
    • During the update. Don’t use the touch screen feature for a while.

If the issue still persists after performing all the steps above, then it means that we have already covered all possible software settings or configuration which may cause such. This would already confirm that the issue is definitely with the hardware
    which is your computer's touchscreen panel. For further assistance in hardware troubleshooting, we highly suggest that you contact your computer's manufacturer and also check if this can be covered by their warranty.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

1. Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen - Similar Threads - Mouse Touchscreen click

2. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  3. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  4. Mouse left click switched to side button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  5. Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere: Hi, Last night I went to wake my computer, the screen lit, background loaded, everything as isual, hit the space bar to put in my password, and everything froze. I restarted it, to find my screen now black with what looked like grey “raindrop” like bubbles cascading all...
  6. Can't click the right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click the right side of my screen: !/4 of my screen on the right side is un-clickable except for an area at the bottom of the un-clickable area. I was wondering if someone could support me with fixing this problem submitted by /u/ENKitty [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to click right side of my screen

Unable to click right side of my screen: After start-up it is possible for me to click on the right side of the screen like closing a chrome browser. After 5 minutes, it becomes unclickable no matter what I do. Is there any way for me to figure out which application is causing this? It basically started happening...
  8. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen

Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen: Hello I have an all in one HP and the mouse jumps to the top left of the screen when using web pages or when not using the PC it opens windows of icons or folders. I have tried uninstalling the mouse software in Device Manager but does not make a difference. Is there anyway...
  9. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.

Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.: Hello I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance 58859
  10. Touchscreen acts as mouse

Touchscreen acts as mouse: I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479). The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector. Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display...