Windows 10: Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

Discus and support Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ithinktfiam, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in different usb slots, but nothing frees it other than rebooting. Then things are ok for a while. It doesn't seem to be a specific action or application that freezes things.Any clue what to try to fix this, or is it time to replace the computer?

:)

ithinktfiam, Nov 26, 2022

2. Trackball Mouse Recommendations?

I am using the Logitech M570 trackball but it has a ton of issues. So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose to a regular mouse. Also because i have 2 monitors and move my mouse a lot, the trackball is much easier to use then the regular wireless mouse.

This is I believe my 3rd logitech m570 trackball mouse. The first one a while back i used it for maybe 5 months or so, it had issues clicking. Where the left click or right click didn't work and basically impossible to use. So i bought the same mouse off amazon again. Of course, it works great at beginning, but months later... this might been more than 6 months... the same exact issue. I think it had issues earlier than that but i just kept using it. You had to click on a specific part of the left click in order for it to work... basically it was hard to use.

I will like to know... what trackball mouse would you all recommend to use that is similar to this one where it doesn't have issues every few months?

I checked amazon and saw many trackball devices like these

M575
    Amazon.com''

Jellybean
    Amazon.com

Logitech MX Ergo
    Amazon.com

Kensington Orbit Wireless
    Amazon.com

Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse Wired
    Amazon.com

Elecom Wireless
    Amazon.com

Perixx Perimice Wired Trackball
    Amazon.com

- - - Updated - - -

That Logitech MX Ergo is expensive. Its l00 dollars for it. Anyone have experience with it? So the 575 is basically the 570 but a bit better? What im surprised is the Logitech Trackball Marble Mouse Wired seem to have a ton of good reviews and very cheap... like 25 dollars. But the thing is doesn't it seem like the marble right in the middle is strange compared to it on the side? Thus with the logitech m570, you use your thumb to move the mouse... but this you need to use your index or middle finger? That has to be awkward right? Then again, has anyone gotten this trackball mouse first.... then got a m570 and then say... the 570 is superior? Its strange looking at the trackball marble in the middle as oppose to the left side of the mouse.

What about the other mice? The last two mouse... elecom and Perixx Perimice basically seem like a logitech m570 clone so to speak since they have the trackball in the same spot?

The jellybean also seem like the trackball m570 i have but do they last? The thing is I would like to continue using the m570 as its real comfortable but i would have to buy two every year it seem. Has anyone used this mouse and it lasted more than a year or longer? Which trackball mouse i listed would last at least a year minimum before something goes wrong? Also i did notice one or two of these mouse seem to be wired. I assume almost all of you are not a fan of it? Before i used the trackball, i had a logitech wireless mouse and would never go back to a regular wired mouse. And ever since using the trackball m570, i just won't go back to a wireless trackball mouse.

paulyjustin, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

Hi Everyone, I have used the Microsoft Trackball Explorer since it first hit the market, I've loved it because of it's large trackball and my big fat fingers work so well together, Microsoft discontinued the product and even though it can still be found on Amazon, I will not be paying over 600 for one ever.

The 2 that I own have been rebuilt, and rebuilt, and they have pretty much reached the end of the road, so I am looking for a new trackball mouse with a large trackball, I have other regular mice but I prefer the trackball as I like it stationary.

So I would like some suggestions from fellow trackball users of a good quality trackball with a large trackball, that you are personally using for gaming, please list the pros and cons or likes and dislikes of what you recommend?

Thank You! GM

GelatanousMuck, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

Microsoft Trackball

I'm not sure what you mean by 'trackball tools.' Microsoft no longer makes a trackball mouse. You can still

download drivers for the Trackball Explorer
    , but that mouse is not supported on Windows 10. If you've got the 32-bit version of Windows 10, the driver for 32-bit Windows 8 might work, but there's no way to know in advance how successful that will
    be.

It is not. You can see the mice that Microsoft still sells
    right here

0dcafe6b-10a8-4bc9-b8b2-213ccfc2f28c, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

1. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - Mouse trackballs dying

2. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sporadic trackball/mouse problem: win10, older i7, 32gb ram, big hard disk, logitech trackball. Computer used to be pretty reliable. But now it's a crapshoot whether I will have my trackball available when I boot. Sometimes i have to boot two or three times before the mouse is activated. But sometimes it is...
  3. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sporadic trackball/mouse problem: win10, older i7, 32gb ram, big hard disk, logitech trackball. Computer used to be pretty reliable. But now it's a crapshoot whether I will have my trackball available when I boot. Sometimes i have to boot two or three times before the mouse is activated. But sometimes it is...
  4. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Icons that disappear for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons that disappear for no apparent reason: Occasionally I run into this problem where shortcut icons lose their custom icon on the desktop and it is replaced with a Windows generic icon. Example: I just installed Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. It had a custom Acronis icon when it was installed. A few days later...
  6. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason: Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in different usb slots, but nothing frees it other than rebooting. Then things are ok for a while. It doesn't seem to be a specific...
  7. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason: Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in different usb slots, but nothing frees it other than rebooting. Then things are ok for a while. It doesn't seem to be a specific...
  8. Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD with no apparent reason: Hi, recently my PC encounters more and more BSODFirst BSOD was "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" that happened dozens of timesThan new code "KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION" just onceAnd the latest one "ATTEMPTED_WRITEN_TO_READONLY_MEMORY"I have reinstalled my GPU driver after...
  9. Trackball Mouse Recommendations?

Trackball Mouse Recommendations?: I am using the Logitech M570 trackball but it has a ton of issues. So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose to a regular mouse. Also because i have 2 monitors and...
  10. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.: I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates pressing...