Windows 10: Mouse Troubles

Discus and support Mouse Troubles in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was playing a game on my PC today and suddenly my mouse was stuck in one place, it was slightly shaking and whenever I tried to move it it would only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MouseHelp, Mar 31, 2021.

1. MouseHelp Win User

Mouse Troubles

I was playing a game on my PC today and suddenly my mouse was stuck in one place, it was slightly shaking and whenever I tried to move it it would only move in a circle kind of erractically around the place that it was stuck. I thought maybe something in the optics or the usb plug site might have malfunctioned but even when i unplugged the mouse, the cursor would still shake. I tried to use my keyboard to navigate to the drivers but as soon as I started to press a key the mouse would start opening up random program or files. So i cant even run a scan to see if any virsus or malware has infected the computer.

I’ve booted up the computer in Safe Mode but I’m unsure if I should restore or reset my computer. Thankfully I dont keep super important documents on this computer but it is my everyday device. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

:)

MouseHelp, Mar 31, 2021

2. troubles with webcam and mouse

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand you are facing difficulties in browsing web. I will assist you with this issue.

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Mouse and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.
    I suggest you to do the same update for your webcam also. And if there are other drivers showing with exclamation mark, update them using the same steps from above.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Win 10 mouse problem

Before you try to nuke Microsoft, you should take some very basic trouble-shooting steps, in particular these two (which you did not report on):

• Does the problem mouse work on a different PC?
    • Does a different mouse work on your PC?

Frederik Long, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse Troubles

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Troubles

1. Mouse Troubles - Similar Threads - Mouse Troubles

2. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  3. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  4. Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı...: Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı fıx that, ı tried to start troubleshoot for keyboard ıt dıdınt worked :/...
  5. Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı...: Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı fıx that, ı tried to start troubleshoot for keyboard ıt dıdınt worked :/...
  6. Trouble with number keypad the 0 is acting like a right-click on the mouse action how can ı...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry

Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry: Trouble with scaling thats messing with my mouse and its blurry my res is right but it takes longer to move in any direction and doing old mouse fixes I can deduce its not a mouse driver but something surrounding the gpu I'm guessing. it does this with a old Insigna TV NS...
  8. Trouble with Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse in Windows 10: Hello, everyone, I'm having a hard time trying to pair/connect the Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse via bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC. I got a CSR 4.0 bluetooth dongle and it takes at least five tries to successfully connect both keyboard and mouse at the same time....
  9. Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubles in keyboard mouse and usb controller, white box move alone in settings wont let me...: When I go to settings I click on a option and a white box around the option appears not letting me to choose it or go in the option it moves by it self and does not let me use the search bar in the settings. when I press tab button to move between options it does not move to...
  10. trouble getting surface pro to recognize my microsoft mouse again

trouble getting surface pro to recognize my microsoft mouse again: I had to delete my mouse yesterday. Today I can't get my surface pro to recognize the mouse. What kind I try to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-getting-surface-pro-to-recognize-my/127d4b97-c580-4cba-bd6a-7d8b434f975e