Windows 10: Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them

Discus and support Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently have a Redragonite 16400 dpi perdition M901W mouse. when I connect my mouse it shows in device manager as HID-complaint mouse. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seth M (Bluegrass, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them

I currently have a Redragonite 16400 dpi perdition M901W mouse. when I connect my mouse it shows in device manager as HID-complaint mouse. I have confirmed with redragon support that I have the correct driver installed for this mouse, however when I click update driver in device manager and manually select my driver, windows insists that HID complient default mouse drivers are the correct up to date driver. how do I force windows to use the driver that I have selected? I am using the most up to date windows version available. I just updated yesterday.

:)

Seth M (Bluegrass, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 7, 2019
  3. mouse drivers not found

It still doesn't work...

I think the problem here is that I can't find drivers to download or update because the mouse doesn't need them in order to work, I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting. It's really annoying.

JackSkeleslug, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them

Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them

1. Mouse using wrong drivers and will not let me update them - Similar Threads - Mouse using wrong

2. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  3. Windows will not let me install a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows will not let me install a driver: Windows 10 will not let me reinstall/update the Intel 6 series/C200 series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver it says a the driver installation file is missing a necessary entry, I am at a total loss as to where to go from here.Any help would be greatly...
  4. wrong drivers for mouse and keyboard

wrong drivers for mouse and keyboard: a few days ago i updated my drivers on my pc ,but i downloaded wrong drivers for keyboard and mouse and now not one of them work ,it is something i can do to reset or install windows without going to spend money on repartion on a it service i mean if i can do myself...
  5. Windows will not let me update to a clearly newer driver.

Windows will not let me update to a clearly newer driver.: I installed an Asus AX3000 dual band PCE-AX58BT WI-FI PCI-E Adapter onto my Asus TUF X570 Plus MOBO. I do not have a cd rom to install the driver that way. Windows installs a garbage Intel driver from 2019 that constantly crashes my system. I have downloaded the latest driver...
  6. Updating Drivers: Let Windows or Use Mfr Updates?

Updating Drivers: Let Windows or Use Mfr Updates?: Win 10 Pro 1909 (18363.752) Things have gotten so complex and I'm confused about best practices. Should I let Windows manage all driver updates (via "push") or should I be updating drivers from the Mfr website ("pull")? Example: I have an Acer tower. If I go to the Acer...
  7. Updating Drivers: Let Windows or Use Mfr Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating Drivers: Let Windows or Use Mfr Updates?: Win 10 Pro 1909 (18363.752) Things have gotten so complex and I'm confused about best practices. Should I let Windows manage all driver updates (via "push") or should I be updating drivers from the Mfr website ("pull")? Example: I have an Acer tower. If I go to the Acer...
  8. Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver

Windows Wont Let Me Update Driver: I use Driver Easy to update my drivers. Today it had 2 Realtek drivers that needed updating. One updated without problem. The other won't update. What I mean to say is windows won't let me update. It says the best driver is already installed. How can I force windows to accept...
  9. Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!: i use a shopping website called vova and i was able to shop on here on my lenovo laptop for months but now all of a sudden everything is working except that website. it makes no sense. i have all updates installed so i dont know what it is. i use this website alot so i cant...
  10. windows update drivers and let them install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update drivers and let them install: my headphones are paired and work but the sound is intermitted. My device diagnostic results are windows update configured to never install drivers. How do change this to install new drivers...