Windows 10: Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

Discus and support Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had two machines connected for years. All of a sudden, my mouse from Computer A to Computer B with no problem. Back to computer A and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iantai, Feb 15, 2020.

1. iantai Win User

Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

I have had two machines connected for years. All of a sudden, my mouse from Computer A to Computer B with no problem. Back to computer A and then it's stuck. Sometimes the remains on Computer A and sometime there is no mouse at all. I can make the mouse reappear by opening the task manager Command Alt Delete. There's the mouse. I can move to Computer B by Reapplying the M w/o B connection.

Can anyone help?

:)

iantai, Feb 15, 2020
  2. shearerka Win User

Mouse w/o borders cannot connect

I recently reimaged and since cannot connect my mouse w/o borders - it continues to time out.

I am on the same network, plugged in with ethernet, looked at firewall rules, uninstalled/reinstalled... nothing seems to work.

Thoughts?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC)

shearerka, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Screen Lock - Mouse without Borders stops

I am experiencing the same thing. In my case I have four workstations, all Windows 7, connected using Mouse without Borders. Everything has worked fine for a year or more, and then this past week (following monthly security updates?) things started behaving
    poorly after locking the machines.

Two of the machines are staying connected, the other two will experience a Timed Out connection. Restarting all computers will resolve the issue, and is the only resolution I have found to work so far.

Another interesting observation is that on the computers that have "Timed Out", the Mouse w/o Borders application is VERY slow to respond.

Opening the the Mouse w/o Borders will result in the Settings screen appearing but unusable for a minute or so. The Window is on top of all other applications, but the mouse (directly connected to that machine) can interact with all other applications and
    windows, other than Mouse w/o Borders. Passing over the Mouse w/o Borders window will cause the cursor to disappear, and even the window itself cannot be moved - for a while.

After a minute or so, the Mouse w/o Borders Settings window become active and you may be able to perform an operation or two (on the timed-out machine), but it will then become unresponsive for a minute or so again - until the reboot.

On the computers that remain "connected" the Mouse w/o Borders settings screens function normally, without any lag in response during these events.

RaymondBrunner, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

Mouse w/o borders cannot connect

We appreciate your response. We were able to verify that reason why you are experiencing issues with using your Mouse without Borders is due to incompatibility with the version of Windows you are using. This
    link provides further information about Mouse without Borders, it also includes the list of the supported Operating Systems.

In this case, we encourage you to submit your concern using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help
    determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our support article and .

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” using Cortana search, and then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re don.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>)

Note: Mouse without Borders is a product from Microsoft Garage. Read further details about Microsoft Garage
    here.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping

1. Mouse w/o Borders keeps stopping - Similar Threads - Mouse Borders keeps

2. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  3. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders: Does the Mouse-w/o Borders use hardware or wifi to connect the computers? Thank you, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/742bcaa4-51ab-47bb-9742-d6261bb31497
  4. How to use mouse and keyboard at the same time w/o Synaptics?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use mouse and keyboard at the same time w/o Synaptics?: I had an HP laptop with a trackpad, and I would occasionally play Minecraft when I got really bored or something. When I had first installed it and played it, I realized that something wasn’t right. Every time I moved with the WASD keys, I couldn’t move my mouse for a few...
  5. background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background programs using memory & how stop w/o problems: Running background programs use up memory so can't use. am 81 & not computer knowledgeable. Ran autoruns now what do? Someday you'll be old & won't have a clue. Hopefully you won't....
  6. Mouse Without Borders w/ MS 5050 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse >>TLT Wheel & CAD<<

Mouse Without Borders w/ MS 5050 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse >>TLT Wheel & CAD<<: [ATTACH] I have noticed lately that my MS 5050 wireless keyboard & mouse has some issues with the Mouse Without Borders program. The items that I notice the most are; 1) The tilt wheel only seems to work on the machine that has the dongle plugged into it. The wheel will...
  7. mouse whitout borders........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse whitout borders........: Hi everyone... I downloaded the software on both my laptops, but when I install the software, I got this square blue screen on both laptops...… I did click YES on both laptops … the can NOT connect the mouse anymore.... Because I have to say YES on one and NO on the...
  8. mouse without borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse without borders: Mouse with out borders. Windows 7 is the master machine. Windows 10 the slave. Master machine 1 screen, Slave triple screen. Master will not drop (or raise) into screen 3 of slave. It will how ever exit master left or right. It always drops into either screen 1 or 2. I can...
  9. Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus: Hello, So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to update the driver via Device Manager.. However, I'm wondering since it is remote, if the software driver may need an update? My...
  10. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse without borders keeps stopping