Windows 10: Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't

Discus and support Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this mouse uses its own USB dongle. When it is plugged, both Mouse compatible with HID technology and Combined USB device appear in the Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fyzik, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Fyzik Win User

Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't

So this mouse uses its own USB dongle. When it is plugged, both Mouse compatible with HID technology and Combined USB device appear in the Device manager. I've set Allow waking computer to False for Mouse to prevent it from waking my laptop, but it is still happening. The Combined USB device does not have the tab with this option in properties. When I plug the dongle when computer is asleep does not wake it up. When asking for devices: Code: powercfg -devicequery -wake_armed[/quote] i get only laptop keyboard (HID standard keyboard device). When i display lastwake, i get:

Code: powercfg -lastwake ... Friendly name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)[/quote] I found this device in Device manager but it does not have the tab with the wake option in properties too. So why does it keep waking my PC? Mouse is Genius Slimstar 8000, which comes together with keyboard.

:)

Fyzik, Apr 1, 2016
  2. CraigLong Win User

Permissions on my OWN PC

It shouldn't be hard though if you set up file sharing in your Homegroup. It might also help to share the folders to the Homegroup in the "Properties" of the folders. You should be able wake the computer remotely to get a file or even watch a video.

CraigLong, Apr 1, 2016
  3. glee330 Win User
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard Wake Up Setting

Hello Kalpana,

That didn't work for me either. I'm having the same problem even though all devices are set to "allow this device to wake the computer". I recently upgraded from a wireless MS keyboard with usb dongle. That old keyboard had no problems waking the computer.
    I believe this is related to this MS Designer keyboard and mouse being Bluetooth. Is there a setting to allow Bluetooth devices to wake the computer? Thank you!

glee330, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't

1. Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't - Similar Threads - Mouse wakes computer

2. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...: As mentioned in the title, even though wake_armed is NONE and wake scheduler is NONE, the device wakes up from every key press, touchpad input or mouse movement. This is really frustrating to me and the fact that Microsoft has no support system apart from a community forum is...
  3. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...: As mentioned in the title, even though wake_armed is NONE and wake scheduler is NONE, the device wakes up from every key press, touchpad input or mouse movement. This is really frustrating to me and the fact that Microsoft has no support system apart from a community forum is...
  4. By default shouldn't calls and alarms ring through the speakers even though the headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By default shouldn't calls and alarms ring through the speakers even though the headphones...: I couldn't hear the teams call if my headphones are plugged-in but I'm not using it. I feel this is preliminary thing which is available across any device. So I feel any workaround is not sufficient enough....
  5. By default shouldn't calls and alarms ring through the speakers even though the headphones...

By default shouldn't calls and alarms ring through the speakers even though the headphones...: I couldn't hear the teams call if my headphones are plugged-in but I'm not using it. I feel this is preliminary thing which is available across any device. So I feel any workaround is not sufficient enough....
  6. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...: I have a USB keyboard and USB mouse plugged in to a single USB port on my laptop via a KVM switch. On sleeping the laptop, any keyboard or mouse activity wakes it.I've been through every single entry in Device Manager for all Human Interface Devices, Keyboards HID Keyboard...
  7. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...

Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...: I have a USB keyboard and USB mouse plugged in to a single USB port on my laptop via a KVM switch. On sleeping the laptop, any keyboard or mouse activity wakes it.I've been through every single entry in Device Manager for all Human Interface Devices, Keyboards HID Keyboard...
  8. Windows 10 enters sleep mode even though settings shouldn't allow it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 enters sleep mode even though settings shouldn't allow it.: I am so sick and tired of struggling with fixing the power options for my computer, it was shutting off after not touching my keyboard after like 3 minutes and I fixed it after struggling with it! And now it's doing it again and all the settings are still the same...I've...
  9. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  10. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wakes windows 10 when it shouldnt

2. mouse wakes up computer but shouldnt