Windows 10: Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

Discus and support Mouse wakes computer even though . . . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Nov 16, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke.

Not using Logitech software, just Windows.

I'd be happy only to use the keyboard to wake up but maybe that's not possible. Any thoughts?

:)

tcebob, Nov 16, 2018
  2. tcebob Win User

Can't stop mouse from waking computer

I had already set the network driver (Nvidia) to not wake. At your suggestion, In power options I changed the Allow wake timers setting to Disable. Sorry to report, the mouse still wakes the computer. I do appreciate your help.

tcebob, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Nov 16, 2018
  4. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Mouse wakes computer even though . . . nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

Thema:

1. Mouse wakes computer even though . . . - Similar Threads - Mouse wakes computer

2. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...: As mentioned in the title, even though wake_armed is NONE and wake scheduler is NONE, the device wakes up from every key press, touchpad input or mouse movement. This is really frustrating to me and the fact that Microsoft has no support system apart from a community forum is...
  3. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...: As mentioned in the title, even though wake_armed is NONE and wake scheduler is NONE, the device wakes up from every key press, touchpad input or mouse movement. This is really frustrating to me and the fact that Microsoft has no support system apart from a community forum is...
  4. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...: I have a USB keyboard and USB mouse plugged in to a single USB port on my laptop via a KVM switch. On sleeping the laptop, any keyboard or mouse activity wakes it.I've been through every single entry in Device Manager for all Human Interface Devices, Keyboards HID Keyboard...
  5. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though "Allow this device to...: I have a USB keyboard and USB mouse plugged in to a single USB port on my laptop via a KVM switch. On sleeping the laptop, any keyboard or mouse activity wakes it.I've been through every single entry in Device Manager for all Human Interface Devices, Keyboards HID Keyboard...
  6. Mouse wakes up laptop from sleep even when "Allow this device to wake the computer" is disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse wakes up laptop from sleep even when "Allow this device to wake the computer" is disabled: [ATTACH] I have a laptop, running Windows 10. I wanted to keep my usb mouse (Logitech G430) from waking it up from sleep mode since even slightly bumping against my desk seems to move the mouse enough to wake the laptop up. I followed this guide, basically everything...
  7. How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed: Hi, my laptop keeps turning on when the lid is closed if my mouse moves, not only is it annoying, but it totally breaks the nvidia graphics because after I open the lid, the display shows nothing. How to fix this?...
  8. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  9. Mouse wakes computer even though . . .

Mouse wakes computer even though . . .: Logitech M705 cordless mouse. Wakes computer if you breathe in the same room. So I opened Device Manager/mouse and unchecked "Allow this device to wake computer." Put computer to sleep, waited a few seconds and moved the mouse. Computer woke. Not using Logitech software,...
  10. Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't

Mouse wakes computer even though it shouldn't: So this mouse uses its own USB dongle. When it is plugged, both Mouse compatible with HID technology and Combined USB device appear in the Device manager. I've set Allow waking computer to False for Mouse to prevent it from waking my laptop, but it is still happening. The...