Windows 10: Mouse wakes up Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse wakes up Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now. I built my computer from scratch, tried different OS during the years but eventually stuck with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daedcountry, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mouse wakes up Windows 10

So I'm using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now. I built my computer from scratch, tried different OS during the years but eventually stuck with a registered version of Windows 10. Somewhere through the last year I noticed that my wireless USB mouse wakes up my PC if you even move it just slightly. That's really annoying since my desk is not that steady, you just have to accidentially bump the desk and Windows boots up.

I searched through different forums for days and weeks and looked and tried everywhere, but I cant seem to find anything related to my problem.

Somewhere in the Control Panel, under my mouse settings, I disabled "Use this device to wake my computer" (disabled this setting on mouse and receiver) but it still boots up after moving.

I remember from some years ago when I had a PS2 keyboard that I changed the UEFI settings to wake my PC on a keypress. But I can't get into my UEFI anymore. There's no prompt when booting, no "change UEFI settings" on advanced startup and I can't disable fastboot in Control Panel. That last option doesn't show up at all. When I want to use the command "shutdown /r /fw" in the Command Prompt it just tells me "Boot to firmware UI is not supported by this system's firmware(1)".

Primarily I'd like to know what else I can try to keep my PC from waking by mouse.

Secondarily I'd like to know how I can get into UEFI since I know I'd been able to before. But I dont know if I've been using it before or after Windows 10 installation.

Best regards,

Lu

:)

daedcountry, Sep 24, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Mouse wakes up Windows 10

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Mouse wakes up Windows 10

1. Mouse wakes up Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse wakes

2. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  3. Can't disable USB mouse wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable USB mouse wake up: Hello,I am trying to disable my mouse from waking up my laptop it keeps waking it up when the lid is closed and when I open the lid at a later time, the battery has drained.When checking the Device manager, the mouse has no Power Management tab.When checking the bios, there's...
  4. Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.: There is no Power section in my troubleshooting, I have checked my mouse and keyboard driver, they work normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-pc-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-using-the/327831ce-6ce6-4c20-b28f-f8eb7d338954
  5. Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.

Win 11 PC won't wake up from sleep using the keyboard or mouse, I have checked my driver.: There is no Power section in my troubleshooting, I have checked my mouse and keyboard driver, they work normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-pc-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-using-the/327831ce-6ce6-4c20-b28f-f8eb7d338954
  6. Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...: I have an IdeaPad 3 15ALC6. Also using monitor as a screen so i need to close the lid to save up some space. I already tried changing settings on the power options to "do nothing". Already tried almost everything that you can find here but nothing works. The thing is, i can...
  7. Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...

Laptop does not wake from sleep using mouse and keyboard when the lid is close, but can...: I have an IdeaPad 3 15ALC6. Also using monitor as a screen so i need to close the lid to save up some space. I already tried changing settings on the power options to "do nothing". Already tried almost everything that you can find here but nothing works. The thing is, i can...
  8. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  9. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  10. Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wakes from sleep on mouse or keyboard activity even though waked_armed is NONE...: As mentioned in the title, even though wake_armed is NONE and wake scheduler is NONE, the device wakes up from every key press, touchpad input or mouse movement. This is really frustrating to me and the fact that Microsoft has no support system apart from a community forum is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth mouse wake up