Windows 10: Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?

Discus and support Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really hate this function. Please tell me how to shut it off! Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Babydoll3133, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?

I really hate this function. Please tell me how to shut it off! Thank you.

:)

Babydoll3133, Jun 3, 2020

2. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Jun 3, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?

1. Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this? - Similar Threads - Mouse wheel adjusts

2. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  3. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  4. How to stop Mouse Wheel from controlling the Volume Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Mouse Wheel from controlling the Volume Windows 11/10: [IMG]If your mouse scroll is not working to scroll pages, but can only change the volume control, then this post will help you fix the problem. This post lists the possible solutions for the problem in which the mouse scroll controls the system volume instead of scrolling....
  5. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  6. Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

Mouse Wheel Controls Volume: How to stop mouse wheel from controlling volume. [Original Title: Mouse] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-controls-volume/82f02e91-2c26-4df0-a6a4-5103ef7a4dd5
  7. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working

Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working: Hi I could really use some help with my mouse. I have a Samurai Black 3600 Optical Gaming Mouse. I've had it since June of 2019, and it's worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. I don't know why but the scroll wheel just stopped working. If I leave it alone long enough, it...
  9. Audio stops when I press on mouse wheel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio stops when I press on mouse wheel: The issue is annoying and I would be grateful for your suggestions. When I press the mouse wheel the sound completely stops. I tried to change the mouse settings but it didn’t help...
  10. Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume

Mouse wheel wont scroll pages. Only will adjust volume: I don't understand what happened. I don't know how to fix it. Anyone who knows about this please help me. I have a magic eagle gaming mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-wont-scroll-pages-only-will-adjust/c90b7fe7-cfa8-4258-9b23-00fb3702268b