Windows 10: Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

Discus and support Mouse Wheel Controls Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to stop mouse wheel from controlling volume. [Original Title: Mouse]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ratfink47, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Ratfink47 Win User

Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

How to stop mouse wheel from controlling volume.

[Original Title: Mouse]

:)

Ratfink47, Mar 21, 2021

2. Mouse wheel only controls volume

Hi Nathan,

The concern regarding your mouse wheel not working properly can related to either a hardware of software issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    • Have you tried using your mouse on another device? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    . This will start your device using a minimal set of programs and drivers to eliminate issues related to software conflicts. Once you're in the clean boot environment, check if you encounter the same error. If not, proceed with the steps under
    the How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    topic. Click the drop-down button to view the steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Mouse wheel only controls volume

Hi,

A possible cause why you're having mouse issues could be an outdated mouse driver. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues with your mouse, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Does the issue only happen on specific applications or does it happen when you're trying to use the mouse wheel with every Windows applications installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried updating the driver of your mouse from the manufacturer's website and see if it resolves the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

Mouse wheel only controls volume

Hi,

My problems started when I first got my mouse for my birthday and I have been having this problem ever since then. I have a brand new computer as well, I have had no changes whatsoever. This is happening all the time, even when not in an application. yes
    I have tried updating, checking other solutions (with no luck) and going through the settings.

I appreciate the help

Dev Nathan

DeveloperNathan, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Wheel Controls Volume

1. Mouse Wheel Controls Volume - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel Controls

2. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  3. Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Volume not controllable by mouse wheel: So, in Windows 10, when you click on the system default speaker symbol in the task bar, you can adjust the volume by just scrolling the mouse wheel up and down. This feature seems to be gone in Windows 11, or does anyone know how to enable it?...
  4. How to stop Mouse Wheel from controlling the Volume Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Mouse Wheel from controlling the Volume Windows 11/10: [IMG]If your mouse scroll is not working to scroll pages, but can only change the volume control, then this post will help you fix the problem. This post lists the possible solutions for the problem in which the mouse scroll controls the system volume instead of scrolling....
  5. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  6. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel: I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I...
  7. Group Policy to control Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Group Policy to control Mouse Scroll Wheel: [ATTACH] I have been tasked to set a policy for all users of the PC should be set for the mouse wheel to only scroll 1 line at a time instead of the default 3. I have been hunting through all the options in group policy and cannot find any kind of option like this. I feel...
  8. Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?

Mouse wheel adjusts volume. How can I stop this?: I really hate this function. Please tell me how to shut it off! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wheel-adjusts-volume-how-can-i-stop-this/b2b7521e-cab6-443b-a9ba-4c915ae3da44
  9. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Wheel: I usually have my wireless mouse which I can normally scroll with by well... scrolling. When I switched to one of my old mice for a few hours which used a hold to scroll my other mouse also did that. I want to turn it back to normal scrolling instead of having to hold/click...
  10. mouse wheel

mouse wheel: I am using Windows 10, and suddenly my mouse scrolls to fast. I have looked at the settings for my mouse, and I don't have an option to slow it down. Any suggestions to my problem?...