Windows 10: Mouse Wheel isn't working

Discus and support Mouse Wheel isn't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently my mouse wheel has slowly stopped working, and now it won't scroll down the page at all (but I can still click the middle mouse button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toaster, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Toaster Win User

Mouse Wheel isn't working

So recently my mouse wheel has slowly stopped working, and now it won't scroll down the page at all (but I can still click the middle mouse button and scroll that way). My Touch pad (I am on a laptop) still works fine, but it's not so easy to use it. I dunno the manufacturer, only that it's a gaming wired mouse. "Optical Mouse" is on the bottom as well. I'm on a Acer Aspire running Windows 10. Please help, this is pissing me off. Thanks in advance.

:)

Toaster, Nov 26, 2015

2. How to adjust your Mouse Wheel Sensitivity in Windows 10.

I know what the problem is, the mouse wheel is overly sensitive and is something that is known about this model and others as well and something that you would think they could have a setting of adjusting at the OS level as the main workaround I see is people
    stuffing little pieces of paper between the mouse and the wheel to make it firmer.

My main purpose here isn't to ask for a hardware fix as the hardware is working properly just with a sensitive wheel. My purpose was more or less a feature request to allow people to adjust the sensitivity of their mouse wheel which neither Windows 10s nor
    the Keyboard/Mouse suite specific to this mouse offers to adjust.

I have had the device over a year now.

Chester1981, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Changing font size in Microsoft Edge

With a mouse with a scroll wheel, hold the control button as you use the scroll wheel on your mouse. The font and page will scale up and down with the wheel. This worked for me.

Frank Kammerer, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

Mouse Wheel isn't working

1. Mouse Wheel isn't working - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel isn't

2. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  3. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  4. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse Wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Wheel: I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I...
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working: Hi I could really use some help with my mouse. I have a Samurai Black 3600 Optical Gaming Mouse. I've had it since June of 2019, and it's worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. I don't know why but the scroll wheel just stopped working. If I leave it alone long enough, it...
  7. Mouse Wheel

Mouse Wheel: I usually have my wireless mouse which I can normally scroll with by well... scrolling. When I switched to one of my old mice for a few hours which used a hold to scroll my other mouse also did that. I want to turn it back to normal scrolling instead of having to hold/click...
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  9. mouse wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse wheel: I am using Windows 10, and suddenly my mouse scrolls to fast. I have looked at the settings for my mouse, and I don't have an option to slow it down. Any suggestions to my problem?...
  10. Mouse Wheel Not Working

Mouse Wheel Not Working: Hello. Lately mouse wheel has not been working. When I press the middle mouse button, the wheel appears for just a little bit, and then disappears. I can't use it to scroll. 42953