Windows 10: Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

Discus and support Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new mouse Jelly Comb MV09F Vertical Wireless Mouse about 6 months ago, and it was working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasmurra, Jul 28, 2021.

1. jasmurra Win User

Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

I bought a new mouse Jelly Comb MV09F Vertical Wireless Mouse about 6 months ago, and it was working just fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I am scrolling up or down, every few "scrolls" it will "jump" in the opposite direction. It happens frequently enough such that it is pretty disruptive to my workflow, since I regularly use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.It is the same problem from the following two posts:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-scroll-jumps-scrolls-in-reverse-a/5b5db18d-0f4d-4f67-b7db-03c179ff480fhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

:)

jasmurra, Jul 28, 2021

2. Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1850 - scrolling wheel jumps in opposite direction

When using the scroll wheel to scroll down or up, the screen often jumps in reverse direction. This happens randomly (from every 3d to every 8th step of the wheel). The issue has existed ever since we obtained the mouse years ago. It was hardly ever used
    because the scrolling issue was so annoying. If possible, I would like to start using the mouse now.

I had the mouse disassembled to see if there was any dust around the wheel and it was almost perfectly clean. The wheel seems to be working just fine from mechanical point of view. Unfortunately, I was not able to download proper drivers for the device.
    It shows as a HID compliant mouse in the device manager. I have already searched your forum but could not find any thread specifically for this mouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tereza Sebkova, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Wired Mouse jumps in the opposite direction when scrolling

My mouse will scroll in the opposite way of where I am trying to scroll on occasion. Sometimes my mouse works completely fine. Other times my mouse seems to have a mind of its own. I have seen fixes for Windows 7, however, I haven't found any for Windows
    10. Also, I have already tried changing the mouse settings in "Mouse Properties" under wheel. Any other things I should try?

JasonMaduwuba, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

jumping page when scrolling with mouse wheel

I am using windows 10 and recently my mouse started jumping the page up and down when using the wheel for scrolling. I have tried changing the settings like suggested but it doesn't work. What else can I do to fix this problem?

stuckoutback, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

1. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling - Similar Threads - Mouse wheel jumps

2. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  3. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  4. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  5. Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel "jumps" in opposite direction when scrolling: hi it seems its a widespread issue. I've tried everything from changing usb port to disabling services to disabling scroll when hovering on a window and many other things. the mouse is razer viper 8k and when scrolling up and down there is jump in the other direction every so...
  6. Mouse scroll wheel jumping occasionally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll wheel jumping occasionally: I have this bug with my laptop where the scrolling speed is too fast all of a sudden, until I move the cursor slightly or click somewhere and it'll return to normal, then again. This has happened on my older laptop (Dell Inspiron 5482) as well as current (XPS 9500), and...
  7. Wireless mouse scrolling issue goes in the opposite direction a couple lines while scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse scrolling issue goes in the opposite direction a couple lines while scrolling: I've been struggling with this issue for quite a while, whenever I scroll up or down use my wireless mouse, it tends to move a couple of lines in the opposite direction, I looked at a previous thread regarding this issue and followed the instructions to reduce the number of...
  8. Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1850 - scrolling wheel jumps in opposite direction

Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 1850 - scrolling wheel jumps in opposite direction: When using the scroll wheel to scroll down or up, the screen often jumps in reverse direction. This happens randomly (from every 3d to every 8th step of the wheel). The issue has existed ever since we obtained the mouse years ago. It was hardly ever used because the scrolling...
  9. Mouse goes opposite direction

Mouse goes opposite direction: My Synaptics mouse goes in the opposite direction on my laptop. How can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-goes-opposite-direction/2469d1a7-27e9-4eda-b8bb-38eb9dbf5654
  10. Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?

Touchpad mouse cursor stops, jumps or goes in opposite direction?: So I've recently noticed that when I'm home using my laptop/netbook, it's an iOTA Slim FHD - (Intel Quad Core Pentium N4200 (Burst 2.5GHz) Processor, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC Storage, QWERTY UK Keyboard, Windows 10). The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen during the day...