Windows 10: Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling

Discus and support Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We are using Surface Pro devices models 4, 5 and 7. Out of 70 users we have 4 users that have the issue described below occasionally and one user that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jennifer Murphy murphj, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling

We are using Surface Pro devices models 4, 5 and 7. Out of 70 users we have 4 users that have the issue described below occasionally and one user that has the issue multiple times each day, every day. I will also list what we have tried so far. I also have a ticket in with Microsoft.

Equipment:

Surface Pro Devices 4, 5 and 7 with detachable keyboard

Dell UltraSharp U3415W Monitor

Logitech keyboard and mouse various models - most are wireless, one is user is wired

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit OS

Surface Docking Station For Business - Version 1

Issue:

When the user uses the wheel on the mouse to scroll up and down, the screen zooms in and out. This happens primarily with Word since the users are in Word most of the day. However we have also experienced it in Outlook, Excel, Acrobat Pro 2017 and IE, Edge, Chrome internet browsers.

What we have done:

1. Checked for a stuck CTRL key.
      1. The CTRL is not stuck on the physical keyboard.
      2. The CTRL button is not stuck on the detachable keyboard.
      3. The CTRL button is not stuck on the virtual keyboard.
    2. Detached removeable keyboard from Surface device.
    3. Replaced the mouse and keyboard with a newer Logitech model.
    4. Replaced the USB dongle.
    5. Replaced wireless mouse and keyboard with a wired mouse and keyboard.
    6. Removed all other devices programed to USB dongle.
    7. Turned off Bluetooth.
    8. Removed batteries from Surface Pen.
    9. Wiped and reset PC - Clean Windows Install - All files wiped. Pro 7 is brand new, out of the box.
    10. All Windows and software updates have been done.
    11. All drivers are up-to-date.
    12. Disabled Pinch-Zoom feature.

We have ruled out hardware issues and some software issues. With a brand new machine and completely wiped machines, the issues persists. We suspect it is something within Windows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The one user has had this issue for over 3 years and none of the IT folks have been able to figure it out!

:)

Jennifer Murphy murphj, Mar 10, 2021

2. How to set Win 10 Photo App to Zoom with the mouse wheel

I know this is an older post, but Google still ranks it high, thus my update. Microsoft gave us the ability to set the Mouse Wheel to either Zoom or Scroll to next image:

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item

ArtofFrozenTime, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling

Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling

1. Mouse Wheel Zooms In and Out Instead of Scrolling - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel Zooms

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  6. The scroll wheel on my mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The scroll wheel on my mouse.: Whenever I try to use my scroll wheel it changes my CPI I think because in the top left the amount I think its called will increase or decrease but the scroll wheel won't work on anything else. What do I do to fix this?...
  7. Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings

Mouse Wheel Scroll Settings: My master volume is being controlled by the mouse wheel scroll. This prevents me from scrolling any windows or menu lists or changing the zoom ratio in every browser I have tried. How do I change this?...
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  9. Mouse scroll wheel

Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e
  10. mouse scroll wheel problem

mouse scroll wheel problem: hey,today i got mouse scroll problem,it works but when i scroll it wont scroll but it shows on left some 0-100 when i scroll please help ty scrolling down makes sound lower/higher 108301