Windows 10: Mouse Wheel

Discus and support Mouse Wheel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mechelle53, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Mouse Wheel

I did something to my mouse buttons by accident and now my mouse wheel works my volume and not scroll through pages., I was not in any settings page I was in a game when it happened. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and my fingers are kind of numb.. so not sure what I did to the mouse wheel, it was working fine before just a few minutes ago.

I did go to the mouse settings and there was nothing there to help.

:)

Mechelle53, Sep 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 27, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Mouse Wheel

Mouse wheel only controls volume

Hi Nathan,

The concern regarding your mouse wheel not working properly can related to either a hardware of software issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• What is the make and model of your mouse?
    • Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    • Have you tried using your mouse on another device? If yes, did you encounter the same concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    . This will start your device using a minimal set of programs and drivers to eliminate issues related to software conflicts. Once you're in the clean boot environment, check if you encounter the same error. If not, proceed with the steps under
    the How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    topic. Click the drop-down button to view the steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Wheel

1. Mouse Wheel - Similar Threads - Mouse Wheel

2. I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...: I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to scroll. There is no updates for my windows and I have a wired typhoon mouse, can someone help?I know this isnt directed related to microsoft but is their a chance someone knows what I need...
  3. I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to...: I can't scroll unless I hold the scroll wheel down then move my mouse where I want to scroll. There is no updates for my windows and I have a wired typhoon mouse, can someone help?I know this isnt directed related to microsoft but is their a chance someone knows what I need...
  4. using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuff: using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuffalso when the mouse of keyboard isn't in use nobody touches it the the screen does all sorts of weird stuffhappened after windows updates...
  5. using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuff

using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuff: using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuffalso when the mouse of keyboard isn't in use nobody touches it the the screen does all sorts of weird stuffhappened after windows updates...
  6. using mouse wheel makes the screen flcker and do all sorts of weird stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel: Hey all,Windows 10 all patched etc, desktop PC.How do I rotate the ruler in Snip & Sketch without a mouse scroll wheel? Is there a keyboard shortcut?thanksjc...
  8. MS Sculpt Mouse Wheel Slipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Sculpt Mouse Wheel Slipping: Hi I have a MS Sculpt Mouse, and the scroll wheel is slipping. To be clear, the rubber surface of the mouse wheel is slipping around the plastic wheel mechanism, so the sensor does not see the wheel turn.If I apply some pressure to the rubber surface, I can feel the wheel...
  9. MS Sculpt Mouse Wheel Slipping

MS Sculpt Mouse Wheel Slipping: Hi I have a MS Sculpt Mouse, and the scroll wheel is slipping. To be clear, the rubber surface of the mouse wheel is slipping around the plastic wheel mechanism, so the sensor does not see the wheel turn.If I apply some pressure to the rubber surface, I can feel the wheel...
  10. MS Sculpt Mouse Wheel Slipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware