Windows 10: Mouse wildly scrolling

Discus and support Mouse wildly scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All up to date, windows 10 64 bit, home Mouse used to scroll pages on internet is difficult to control, last about 1 month. Pages run wildly up or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tlfmd, Feb 3, 2020.

1. tlfmd Win User

Mouse wildly scrolling

All up to date, windows 10 64 bit, home

Mouse used to scroll pages on internet is difficult to control, last about 1 month.

Pages run wildly up or down. As I approach certain aspects, I can slow it, but have to click fast or the item I want is gone.

Usually in forums fora including this one, reddit, and quora.

Two mice have been tried, MS and Dell.

What changed, and how do I get control back?

:)

tlfmd, Feb 3, 2020

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Mouse wildly scrolling

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Mouse wildly scrolling

1. Mouse wildly scrolling - Similar Threads - Mouse wildly scrolling

2. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls: Hi,I have been having trouble with my mouse for awhile. If I use the wheel to scroll very slowly, it works ok, but as soon as I scroll more quickly it jumps and stays at the same place on the page. This happens both with my mouse at home and at work different equipment and in...
  3. Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll is jumpy at faster scrolls: Hi,I have been having trouble with my mouse for awhile. If I use the wheel to scroll very slowly, it works ok, but as soon as I scroll more quickly it jumps and stays at the same place on the page. This happens both with my mouse at home and at work different equipment and in...
  4. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  5. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  6. MOUSE SCROLLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  7. MOUSE SCROLLING

MOUSE SCROLLING: I have a Surface Laptop 3 running Windows 11 and the Microsoft Precision mouse. I find the scrolling in Word, Excel, browsers and any other app annoying it is not smooth at all it goes "line by line" as the mouse settings specify. Rotating the wheel makes the page scroll as a...
  8. Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor: I've been having this problem for about a month but it has only gotten worse and I have not found any tech support agent with an answer. My cursor will suddenly start moving erratically. I say it is the cursor and not the mouse because we have tried everything - 4 different...
  9. Mouse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Scrolling: In an webpage when I use the scroll bar key on the right to move down by clicking and dragging it down then when I remove the pointer to the middle then it gets dragged automatically .How can I undo this setting ?...
  10. Mouse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf