Windows 10: Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

Discus and support Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So starting a few days ago I started having an issue with my mouse scrolling some windows up or to the left (the quick access bar on the left of File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by garrettmball, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

So starting a few days ago I started having an issue with my mouse scrolling some windows up or to the left (the quick access bar on the left of File Explorer, the settings window and the snipping tool for example). The scrolling happens only when my mouse is over said apps/sections. I have tried the fix of turning off the color auto selector in the personalize menu and disabling apps that start up when my PC is turned on but neither has worked. It is getting annoying and so far it is only happening in those three apps.

A new thing I just noticed was when I went to select a topic the windows would disappear when my mouse would hover over what I wanted to choose. I don't know if that is related but I was able to select the topics with my arrow keys.

I use a wireless mouse and I have used it for about two years and I have not had any problems with it.

:)

garrettmball, Sep 6, 2018

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

Windows 10 scrolling problem - scroll creeps back to top

Joan, to answer your questions:

No recent changes

I haven't tried other mice / pointing device.

No third party mouse application used / installed.

I have checked the mouse settings as suggested to no avail.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the mouse drivers without any joy.

Previously I only noticed a problem with Microsoft jigsaw app it occurred after loading and deleting the app several times without rebooting the PC. A reboot would fix it. But now I tried everything and it occurs in numerous windows especially the start
    bar, If I scroll down the list of all apps the list just scrolls back to the top. It happens if I drag the scroll bar or use the mouse wheel.

The problem effects both vertical and horizontal scrolling.

Biker Mike - PT, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

1. Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page - Similar Threads - Mouse auto scroll

2. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  3. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  4. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  6. Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse auto scrolling: I have looked through a lot of places trying to find the answer to this question and no one has been able to get the right thing to work. The problem is that when I am in Windows or Microsoft related apps or even on the home bar I will be auto scrolling, I do not have any app...
  7. Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

Windows menus selection auto scroll to top: It's not my mouse or keyboard as the problem persists even if I disconnect one of them. I've done the scans from command prompt, it found corrupted files and fixed them. Restarted and still no fix. Is there anything else I can do? If I hold down on the keyboard it can beat...
  8. Auto Scrolling During Certain Games

Auto Scrolling During Certain Games: Every time I've opened the game, it has been extremely difficult to select anything from the main menu due to the game constantly automatically scrolling through every option with no way to stop it. Other Applications workings smoothly without any problem....
  9. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  10. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...