Windows 10: Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

Discus and support Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So starting a few days ago I started having an issue with my mouse scrolling some windows up or to the left (the quick access bar on the left of File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by garrettmball, Sep 6, 2018.

1. garrettmball Win User

Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page

So starting a few days ago I started having an issue with my mouse scrolling some windows up or to the left (the quick access bar on the left of File Explorer, the settings window and the snipping tool for example). The scrolling happens only when my mouse is over said apps/sections. I have tried the fix of turning off the color auto selector in the personalize menu and disabling apps that start up when my PC is turned on but neither has worked. It is getting annoying and so far it is only happening in those three apps.

A new thing I just noticed was when I went to select a topic the windows would disappear when my mouse would hover over what I wanted to choose. I don't know if that is related but I was able to select the topics with my arrow keys.

I use a wireless mouse and I have used it for about two years and I have not had any problems with it.

:)

garrettmball, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2018
  3. DerrickHobson Win User
    Weird Auto Scroll

For some reason i'm suddenly having a strange issue with my mouse on Windows 10.

If I try and click on any Drop Down list box they automatically close, if I select all apps and move my mouse cursor over the apps it will quickly scroll to the bottom. if I turn my mouse off (it's a wifi mouse) the phenomenon will still occur.

I can use the mouse to drag the list of apps back to the top but as soon as I let go of the mouse button back down it goes.

Note: I just tried a drop down list in World of Warcraft and the problem does not exist.

i.e.

Chrome (this webpage) - I have to use a keyboard to select the options

Windows Apps - these auto scroll

World of Warcraft - No weird behaviour

DerrickHobson, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Biker Mike - PT Win User

Windows 10 scrolling problem - scroll creeps back to top

Joan, to answer your questions:

No recent changes

I haven't tried other mice / pointing device.

No third party mouse application used / installed.

I have checked the mouse settings as suggested to no avail.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the mouse drivers without any joy.

Previously I only noticed a problem with Microsoft jigsaw app it occurred after loading and deleting the app several times without rebooting the PC. A reboot would fix it. But now I tried everything and it occurs in numerous windows especially the start
    bar, If I scroll down the list of all apps the list just scrolls back to the top. It happens if I drag the scroll bar or use the mouse wheel.

The problem effects both vertical and horizontal scrolling.

Biker Mike - PT, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse will auto scroll certain windows to top of page - Similar Threads - Mouse auto scroll

2. Screen keeps scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen keeps scrolling to the top: Please Help, While on the browser my screen will keep scrolling to the top of the page after just a few moments after scrolling down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-scrolling-to-the-top/9c5e93de-739c-4a38-bcaf-b13729f1ba83
  3. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e
  4. email auto scroll

in Browsers and Email
    email auto scroll: When I open a new email it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page instead of on top. Does anybody know how to correct this? thanks 44412
  5. Top of Edge Page

in Browsers and Email
    Top of Edge Page: How do I get these items to show at the top of the page in Edge as they do in all other Windows IE? File Edit View Favorites Tools Help 59885
  6. Edge will not open certain pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not open certain pages: Hi! First post here, so I apologize in advance if I break any major forum etiquette, but I am having a very certain issue with edge. It will not open any page related to Google in any way. I can't open Google Plus, the search engine, or even Google Drive. I've looked into...
  7. mouse stops scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stops scrolling: hi everyone sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll. I am using an external mouse, but it happens with the mouse on the keyboard and if I try with another mouse it does the same thing....
  8. New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Mouse Not in Device Manager: Auto Scroll Not Working?: I got a Logitech m215 mouse a few weeks ago. It works well, but the new mouse doesn't show up in the device manager on my computer. It says I have the same mouse I had from 2006. I tried uninstalling it, putting the unifying receiver back in, and it stil says I have my old...
  9. Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top: With Windows 10, I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire folder before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project...
  10. Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue - page returns to the top: I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project with the files suddenly...