Windows 10: Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting

Discus and support Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 boots from SSD resulting in freezing the mouse. While booting, I enter PIN then desktop shows up and 5 seconds later the mouse freezes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ravi.rsn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. ravi.rsn Win User

Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting

Windows 10 boots from SSD resulting in freezing the mouse. While booting, I enter PIN then desktop shows up and 5 seconds later the mouse freezes. I resolve this problem only by plugging - unplugging the USB

:)

ravi.rsn, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting

1. Mouse will freeze after Windows 10 booting - Similar Threads - Mouse freeze booting

2. Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10: I boot up my windows 10 PC and login but after a few seconds enough time to open up an application or just sit on my homepage, my mouse and keyboard completely freeze and I am unable to interact with the computer at all. I have tried using multiple keyboards and mice, but the...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10: I boot up my windows 10 PC and login but after a few seconds enough time to open up an application or just sit on my homepage, my mouse and keyboard completely freeze and I am unable to interact with the computer at all. I have tried using multiple keyboards and mice, but the...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard completely freeze a few seconds after booting - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  6. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes: Hi,A week ago I was using my computer normally and then I made it in sleep mode. After 2 days I opened it to complete my project btw I was using Visual Studio, Spotify, Chrome, and Node cmd after about 10 minutes it froze while reloading a web page I waited for a long time...
  7. Windows 10 freezes after booting after ~5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 / Mouse Freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 / Mouse Freezes: Can't begin to describe my frustration here - my mouse cursor randomly freezes when I am using it and sometimes it freezes for 5 seconds, sometimes 8 and it is random when it happens. I have a brand new Dell G7 Laptop Core i7 9th Gen / 16GB RAM. It has an integrated mouse /...
  9. Windows 10 freezes on boot after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes on boot after update: I had just updated Windows 10 the other day. It was working fine the next day, which also happened to be the day I upgraded my processor, ram, and mobo. The computer is fine so I don’t think it’s a problem with the upgrades and I’m able to enter the BIOS just fine, but I...
  10. windows 10 freezes after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 freezes after boot: Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is missing from login screen. Is there any other way to enter safe mode or restore windows while it's booting? this problem...