Windows 10: Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.

Discus and support Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse will freeze when a video or a sound is played, as well as when a system update notification pops up. I have googled and tried uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mouseproblems101, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.

My mouse will freeze when a video or a sound is played, as well as when a system update notification pops up. I have googled and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers, and the graphics card drivers. I am using an octane mouse.

The previous results to a question similar to this have links that no longer exist and i don't know what to do anymore.

If anyone has a solution please please help me, and thank you

:)

mouseproblems101, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Over Dose Win User

No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803.

The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All seemed to be running well on the desktop, until I noticed that when I connect or disconnect removable drives, the notification pop-up shows, but there is not sound that plays. Other system notification sounds also do not play.

Initially I thought that this was how the latest update is supposed to be, until I noticed that the 2 laptops were playing the normal system notification sounds. When I go into the sound settings, the sounds play with the setting on "Windows Default", and I have already tried to set it to "No Sounds" and then back to default again, and the sounds remain silent when they should play.

I even tried unistalling and automatically reinstalling the audio drivers (my motherboard is a AsRock H97 Performance board) and I tried installing the last drivers listed on the website, and also let Windows 10 automatically install drivers, and still nothing.

All other audio from music, videos and other applications play just fine on the desktop machine, but just not the system sounds.

I know other people have posted about this on here, but I've looked into the most obvious troubleshooting, and have not had any luck.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Over Dose, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Mouse freezing and constant "notification" sounds

my windows 10 is acting weird. My mouse is freezing and there is constant "pop up" or notification sounds. does this mean something bad??? malwarebytes hasnt detected anything yet, help me please

Original title: HELP ME!

aah-windowws-10, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Over Dose Win User

Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.

No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

I looked here and have compared the desktop settings to the laptops, all are set the same, which are the defaults since I have never tweaked any of these settings on any systems.

These settings are the ones that didn't make any difference when I changed them.

Volume Mixer shows me volume controls for Device and Applications, both which are set to their maximum. However the behaviour I see on the desktop machine when sliding the "Applications" volume slider is that it does not make that "beeping" sound at any point. It only beeps when I slide the "Device" volume slider, unlike what happens on the laptops.

When I am in Settings > System > Sound > I even ran the troubleshooting steps which is able to play "Test Sounds" just fine, but the system notification sounds still won't play. However when I finish the troubleshooting steps, I see this notification with a yellow exclamation mark, which may point to the issue, but am unsure how.

Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up. [​IMG]

Over Dose, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up.

1. Mouse will freeze whenever a sound or video is played or a system notification pops up. - Similar Threads - Mouse freeze whenever

2. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Notification Sound But No Pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound But No Pop-up: Recently I noticed that there's something wrong with my notifications. I can hear the notification sound but there is no pop-up displayed. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  5. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  6. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  7. Pop up sound and brightness notification disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up sound and brightness notification disappeared: Usually when chaning sound volume and screen brightness using the keyboard FN shortcut I would get the on screen notification of the level changing. Now its not showing anymore and it was very usefull to use while doing full screen stuff. How can i get it to show again? The...
  8. Whenever I play any video on browser or video player, the sound bar keeps popping up...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever I play any video on browser or video player, the sound bar keeps popping up...: The sound bar is keep appearing on the top whenever the video is paused or play it keeps appearing and it become so annoying now. I can't even watch a video on youtube or anything. In video player like default or vlc, it skips the video, restart from start and keep the sound...
  9. Mouse pointer freezing Whenever i play an audio, video, or a windows pop up appears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer freezing Whenever i play an audio, video, or a windows pop up appears: As i said in the main title, my mouse pointer freezes whenever i start to play a song on spotify and doesnt unfreeze (until i alt f4), same thing with youtube when i begin to play a video and the same for windows pop ups until they dissapear. i have a logitech g900 wireless...
  10. Pop up notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22