Windows 10: Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

Discus and support Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrownMC, Mar 22, 2022.

1. BrownMC Win User

Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across the screen as far as I take the mouse, up to the wall. I can also move the Window into the adjacent monitor, but once I do, it's stuck there, as I cannot move the mouse all the way over. I have a tripp-Lite KVM B005-DPUA40 and three connected devices. 2 Windows laptops and 1 desktop. 2 Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 1

:)

BrownMC, Mar 22, 2022

2. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is showing the display options. So, I can't make any changes. The mouse cursor will only work on my laptop
    screen.

How do I fix this?

KristinCampbell1, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

2nd monitor and wireless mouse not working after Windows 10 update

Hi there, hope you guys can help

I'm running an HP desktop and currently have an MS wireless mouse and also a 2nd screen monitor setup, which was all working fine. I came into my office late a few nights ago and my pc was off, looked like a recent Windows 10 update which it had been asking
    for had taken place.

After restart my wireless mouse wouldn't work and my 2nd monitor wouldn't boot up, so currently have a wired mouse setup and no 2nd monitor, can only be down to this update I believe.

Can you please offer any advice or suggestions?

I'm reasonably PC literate but any advice in basic terms that I could try to help would be appreciated

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Update - KB4559309 ON 01.07.2020

Thanks

Jim

JimCampbell995, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

1. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor - Similar Threads - Mouse move 2nd

2. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  5. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  6. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  7. Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor

Desktop icons suddenly moved to 2nd monitor: Two monitors connected to Dell XPS 15 through a thunderbolt dock. This set up worked perfectly for two years until I installed the recent zoom update. I tried uninstalling zoom and the issue persists. I installed the win 10 2004 update and still have the issue. The strangest...
  8. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode: I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1? Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging...
  9. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  10. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor: I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is showing the display options. So, I can't make any changes. The mouse cursor will only work on my laptop screen. How do I...