Windows 10: Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

Discus and support Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianKoester, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?

:)

BrianKoester, Sep 10, 2018
  2. sarlin326 Win User

Mouse Without Borders Windows 10 Issue - "Mouse Disappearing"

• When you say that "try to use two or more windows 10 machines together; the mouse pointer will disappear", are you connected to domain network? How exactly the computers are connected?
    • No, the currently upgraded Windows 10 pc's are all local machines connected through a router, but they are not on our domain currently. The reason being is to test any issues that might occur before putting them on our domain.

2. When you say that "purpose of the software", which software are you referring to?

• The software I am referring to is Mouse Without Borders. It's in the title of the subject line of my question.

Your suggestion to run the troubleshooter would not register there being a problem considering everything is functioning fine except for the visibility of the mouse.

This is a common problem with Mouse Without Borders dating back to the release of Windows 10. I just thought it would have been fixed by now. A google search will verify my info.

I will reword my situation a bit. For example, I have three Windows 10 machines hooked up to router. These three computers are connected together through Mouse Without Borders to 1 mouse and 1 keyboard. This works fine with our windows 7 machines. The issue
    is when we upgraded these test pc's to Windows 10, the mouse will disappear on 2 out of the 3 pc. The primary machine that the mouse and keyboard is hooked up to you can see perfectly fine because the peripherals are hooked up to that specific pc.

Now, the mouse is working on all the windows 10 pc's, but it is not visible to the human eye on any other pc that isn't the primary pc with the mouse/keyboard hooked up to it. The only solution that people have come up with involving a quick google search
    is to hook up a physical mouse to every pc. This actually does fix the issue which means this is just a minor software glitch with Mouse Without Borders. It could be something in Windows 10 settings that is causing the mouse to disappear on the other computers,
    but no fix has been found to my knowledge. I don't want to have to hook up a mouse to every pc using Mouse Without Borders on Windows 10. I'd revert the machines back to Windows 7 before I did that.

sarlin326, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Mouse Without Borders - works only in one direction

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Do you get any error message when you try to access the Laptop on VPN?
    • Have you installed Mouse without Borders setup on both the systems?

If not, I suggest you to install the latest setup of Mouse without Borders on both the systems and check if it helps.

NOTE: The same version of Mouse without Borders must be run in the machines.

If it doesn't works, I would suggest you to post your query on
    Mouse without Borders Forums regarding this matter for assistance.

Visit: Mouse Without Borders (#mousewithoutborders, http://www.aka.ms/mm)

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

Mouse without borders

Hi,

I would suggest that you will get the best results by interacting with the developers at the
    Microsoft Garage more directly than here within the general forum community, here are some links:

The forum thread page by Truong Do, you can post reply's and ask questions here:

Mouse Without Borders (#mousewithoutborders, http://www.aka.ms/mm)

Mouse without Borders on Twitter:

"Mouse without Borders" - Twitter Suche

The Microsoft Garage/Mouse without Borders website page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/profiles/mouse-without-borders/

Hope this helps,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

1. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering - Similar Threads - Mouse Without Borders

2. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  3. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  4. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  5. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  6. Mouse Without Borders

Mouse Without Borders: Does the Mouse-w/o Borders use hardware or wifi to connect the computers? Thank you, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/742bcaa4-51ab-47bb-9742-d6261bb31497
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  10. mouse without borders

mouse without borders: Mouse with out borders. Windows 7 is the master machine. Windows 10 the slave. Master machine 1 screen, Slave triple screen. Master will not drop (or raise) into screen 3 of slave. It will how ever exit master left or right. It always drops into either screen 1 or 2. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse without borders.left click problem