Windows 10: Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II

Discus and support Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After using Mouse Without Borders for several months, my mouse became quite unstable in late October and early November 2018. I uninstalled the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iblayz, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Iblayz Win User

Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II

After using Mouse Without Borders for several months, my mouse became quite unstable in late October and early November 2018. I uninstalled the program and started over. I have three Windows 10 machines side-by-side and used the program on two of them. I discovered the original thread with this title because of that re-install. Program installed fine on one machine but the other encountered the "Mouse Without Borders requires the .net framework 4.0" error message. I spent several hours trying to work this out. I finally managed to install the program by going into the registry and setting up "install as administrator" as an option when I right-clicked on a file. I am pretty sure that allowed me to get around the problem then.

Well, I just had the same problem repeat itself. Thinking that Mouse Without Borders was creating the unstable mouse problem, I uninstalled the program on my primary computer. It was creating some really annoying problems on some spreadsheets that I update daily with considerable mouse usage. Unfortunately I discovered that the problem was the mouse itself. I saw that Mouse Without Borders had been updated again in January 2019, so I downloaded the updated file to both computers. On one of them everything went smoothly. Once again, I had the same error message popping up on my primary machine.

I have spent several hours today trying to work through this problem. This time "install as administrator" does nothing to fix the problem. I have followed just about every possible solution that seems to be available from all so-called experts including several from Microsoft threads. Try to install the .net framework? No, doesn't work. Why? Because I have the latest version installed and the installation package tells me that. Try the .net repair tool? Ran it and nothing changed. That is clearly not the problem. I ran "services.msc" and made sure that the windows installer package was started properly.

I ran the install package from command prompt. What happened? Tried to install and came up with the same error message. So I ran command prompt as an administrator and from C:\windows\system32> I ran the following command. "msiexec /I C:\Install|MouseWithoutBordersSetup.msi". (C:\Install is the folder where I download installation files.) Guess what happened? Program tried to install just like it is supposed to. Guess what came up after I clicked "next" and accepted the agreement? "Mouse Without Borders requires the .net framework 4.0". Same thing. Same problem. I really like the program. But the installer has a problem. This is a 64 bit machine and for some reason the installer doesn't recognize the .net package properly on some 64 bit machines. The problem is not with my computer. The problem is with the installation package. It is telling me that my machine needs something that it already has and this has been confirmed with two different packages that I downloaded (and ran) directly from Microsoft. You need to fix the problem. I know that this is not a Microsoft program but it has Microsoft's implicit stamp of approval. Fix the problem...…...please.

:)

Iblayz, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Iblayz Win User

After using Mouse Without Borders for several months, my mouse became quite unstable in late October and early November 2018. I uninstalled the program and started over. I have three Windows 10 machines side-by-side and used the program on two of them. I
    discovered the original thread with this title because of that re-install. Program installed fine on one machine but the other encountered the "Mouse Without Borders requires the .net framework 4.0" error message. I spent several hours trying to work this
    out. I finally managed to install the program by going into the registry and setting up "install as administrator" as an option when I right-clicked on a file. I am pretty sure that allowed me to get around the problem then.

Well, I just had the same problem repeat itself. Thinking that Mouse Without Borders was creating the unstable mouse problem, I uninstalled the program on my primary computer. It was creating some really annoying problems on some spreadsheets that I update
    daily with considerable mouse usage. Unfortunately I discovered that the problem was the mouse itself. I saw that Mouse Without Borders had been updated again in January 2019, so I downloaded the updated file to both computers. On one of them everything went
    smoothly. Once again, I had the same error message popping up on my primary machine.

I have spent several hours today trying to work through this problem. This time "install as administrator" does nothing to fix the problem. I have followed just about every possible solution that seems to be available from all so-called experts including
    several from Microsoft threads. Try to install the .net framework? No, doesn't work. Why? Because I have the latest version installed and the installation package tells me that. Try the .net repair tool? Ran it and nothing changed. That is clearly not the
    problem. I ran "services.msc" and made sure that the windows installer package was started properly.

I ran the install package from command prompt. What happened? Tried to install and came up with the same error message. So I ran command prompt as an administrator and from C:\windows\system32> I ran the following command. "msiexec /I C:\Install|MouseWithoutBordersSetup.msi".
    (C:\Install is the folder where I download installation files.) Guess what happened? Program tried to install just like it is supposed to. Guess what came up after I clicked "next" and accepted the agreement? "Mouse Without Borders requires the .net framework
    4.0". Same thing. Same problem. I really like the program. But the installer has a problem. This is a 64 bit machine and for some reason the installer doesn't recognize the .net package properly on some 64 bit machines. The problem is not with my computer.
    The problem is with the installation package. It is telling me that my machine needs something that it already has and this has been confirmed with two different packages that I downloaded (and ran) directly from Microsoft. You need to fix the problem. I know
    that this is not a Microsoft program but it has Microsoft's implicit stamp of approval. Fix the problem...…...please.

Iblayz, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Iblayz Win User

I just fixed my problem without any external (or internal for that matter) help. This is what I did. Right clicked on the windows start button (lower left). Clicked run. Typed "gpedit.msc" (without the quotation marks). Expanded "User Configuration". Then
    expanded "Windows Components". Below that expanded "Microsoft Management Console". Then clicked "Restricted/Permitted snap-ins". All of the above appeared in the left pane. Then after clicking the last item mentioned, I went to the right pane and scrolled
    down to ".Net Framework Configuration". I double clicked that and a popup window appeared. I chose enabled and clicked apply.....then OK. This is what clicking enabled does. "If you enable this policy setting, the snap-in is permitted and can be added into
    the Microsoft Management Console or run from the command line as a standalone console".

I made notes because I intended to undo the changes if this didn't work. I had a suspicion that it would not work for one simple reason. I had the same things open on the machine right next to this one and the setting for the .Net Framework Configuration
    was "Not Configured". And on that machine, Mouse Without Borders installed flawlessly.

But things definitely changed. I went into the folder that contained the installer package. I double clicked it. I clicked next, then accepted the license agreement and it appeared to be getting ready to install. Yesterday, every time that I did this the
    "Mouse Without Borders requires the .net framework 4.0" error message would appear immediately. This time there was a long delay but, unfortunately, the message appeared again. So I tried, once again, to install from a command prompt. Same failure. Then I
    tried to install from the command prompt as an administrator. If you are a 64-bit Windows 10 professional user and are up to date, you can access the command prompt as an administrator by right clicking the windows start button and choosing "Windows Power
    Shell (Admin)". When the prompt opens you should see this..... PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> The cursor will be flashing to the right with a space between it and >. Where the cursor was I typed the command posted in my original post in this thread...… "msiexec /I
    C:\Install\MouseWithoutBordersSetup.msi" (without the quotation marks, and where "install" is the folder name where the installation package is stored). Pressed enter and.....voila.....the app installed correctly and flawlessly.

Now I have absolutely no idea why this worked on this machine and the app installed on the machine right next to it without the above steps. But I do know that I tried installing from the command prompt (as an administrator) multiple times yesterday and
    it failed every time. I am not happy at all about the time that I put into this over a simple little app. But I like the app and used it every day. For me it is productive and functional. As can easily be seen, I am pretty stubborn and even though I have zero
    formal computer training, I can usually figure this stuff out because I just don't give up. Hopefully, this will help someone else along the way and maybe, eventually, the installation package can be updated so this problem can be overcome (as it should be)
    when it is installed the first time.

Note: if you allowed the download to install to your "Downloads" folder, the above would probably read....

"msiexec /I C:\Users\your user name here\Downloads\MouseWithoutBordersSetup.msi" (again, without the quotation marks).

In edit. Last time I uninstalled Mouse Without Borders and re-installed it (after many of the above struggles), I had to start completely over as if from scratch. Had to enter each machine name and each IP address. Had to copy the password from one machine
    to the other so they would connect and had to try to connect multiple times before I had success. This time? Bang! After posting the above, I opened the app on the host machine to start the process. I had completely uninstalled the older program from both
    machines before installing the newer package from January 2019. As soon as I opened the app on the primary machine, out of habit I scrolled the mouse toward the other machine and it worked. Machine names were listed properly. IP addresses were listed properly
    and everything worked flawlessly. At least something went right without a lot of struggle. Happy for small things after hours of struggle.

Iblayz, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse Without Borders .net dependency Part II - Similar Threads - Mouse Without Borders

2. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: Hi, i have two pc's 01 an 02, Hi, can i use Mouse Without Borders with a mouse in pc 01 and a keyboard in pc 02 together?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/d57f10ef-8700-4c3d-92e7-5ae4fa0d1870
  3. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders: Hi, i have two pc's 01 an 02, Hi, can i use Mouse Without Borders with a mouse in pc 01 and a keyboard in pc 02 together?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/d57f10ef-8700-4c3d-92e7-5ae4fa0d1870
  4. Mouse Without Borders

Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  5. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: I have downloaded the program but it won't finish the set up. All computers are on the same network. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/117af312-56ce-4fa3-800a-8b9ad55fb67a
  6. Mouse Without Borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders: I have been running Mouse without borders on my desktop and laptop for many years. My question is that considering my desktop will be getting Windows 11upgrading from 10 fairly soon and I will have to get a new laptop since my old one is not compatible with Win 11 I have to...
  7. Mouse Without Borders

Mouse Without Borders: Does the Mouse-w/o Borders use hardware or wifi to connect the computers? Thank you, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/742bcaa4-51ab-47bb-9742-d6261bb31497
  8. Mouse without borders

Mouse without borders: Is Mouse without Borders no longer supported in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders/92baf8af-e0ea-4c06-85de-73eec27fd2f5
  9. mouse without borders

mouse without borders: Mouse with out borders. Windows 7 is the master machine. Windows 10 the slave. Master machine 1 screen, Slave triple screen. Master will not drop (or raise) into screen 3 of slave. It will how ever exit master left or right. It always drops into either screen 1 or 2. I can...
  10. mouse without borders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse without borders: It was installed and working fine before I had to to reinstall windows. Now it keeps failing to install in my secondary laptop. Im getting an internal error notification. What do i need to do to install mouse without borders and have it boot up without errors?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse without borders windows 10 .net error

2. mouse without borders .net error