Windows 10: Mouse won't move out of primary screen

Discus and support Mouse won't move out of primary screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an odd problem using multiple monitors. I have a setup using 3 identical ASUS MX239 monitors connected to a Thinkpad X1 laptop. All of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rosscatley, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Mouse won't move out of primary screen

I have an odd problem using multiple monitors. I have a setup using 3 identical ASUS MX239 monitors connected to a Thinkpad X1 laptop. All of the monitors are connected to the laptop using USB C, with 2 being connected via an external Trigger 6 display adapter to an HDMI port on the monitor. I also have a standard Dell wireless keyboard and mouse. So far, so fairly straightforward, and the setup has been working fine for the last 9 months, with the monitors being placed in a row wrapped around my desk. This morning I've started the laptop, and the mouse won't run outside of the primary monitor. The displays are displaying fine, but the cursor is bound by the limits of the primary monitor. If you drag a window to another monitor, you will see it appear on another monitor, until the mouse cursor reaches the limits of the monitor its in, then you can take it no further. This to me indicates that the displays are configured OK in the display window - the only solution I've seen online is to rearrange the screens in the display window which sadly doesn't fix the problem. I've tried rearranging monitors in the display window, changing display configurations to see if that triggers a reset in Windows, physically turning displays off and removing the HDMI cable, removing the external display driver both from the device manager and pulling the USB plug (the problem is the same between the laptop screen and a single connected monitor), deleting display configuration from registry, deleting the display drivers and monitors from device manager and searching for anything in the mouse menu that might constrain the mouse (I can't find anything). So I'm starting to run out of ideas - any thoughts or ideas welcome - I really don't want to have to rebuild the laptop if I can possibly avoid it, but this is a really odd problem I've not seen in using Windows for over 25 years (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've done something simple and really dumb that will take 30 seconds to fix once I find it!)

:)

rosscatley, Jun 9, 2021

2. BLUETOOTH MOUSE WON T MOOVE. WHY?

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 that works only (right and left click works properly) but it won t moove. please help me and answer me as soon as possible.

#mahdichaabani, Jun 9, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Mouse won't move out of primary screen

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Mouse won't move out of primary screen [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Mouse won't move out of primary screen

1. Mouse won't move out of primary screen - Similar Threads - Mouse won't move

2. screen flickering when moving mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering when moving mouse: Hello! I am currently having an issue where after I close my computerLaptop from using it and wait some time and re-open it; when I use my mousepad or external mouse the screen flickers. Once it flickers if I don't move the mouse from that position then the screen stays...
  3. Mouse not moving in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not moving in screen: Hi there, I’m having an issue with my mouse. I currently can’t move the pointer anywhere on the screen once I’ve logged in, the pointer tries to move but just zips back to the same spot. It’s also just vibrating on the same spot on the screen. When I reboot my computer it...
  4. Mouse not moving in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not moving in screen: Hi there, I’m having an issue with my mouse. I currently can’t move the pointer anywhere on the screen once I’ve logged in, the pointer tries to move but just zips back to the same spot. It’s also just vibrating on the same spot on the screen. When I reboot my computer it...
  5. Mouse not moving in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mouse Cursor moving to centre of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor moving to centre of screen: Every ten seconds my mouse cursor moves to the centre of the screen. I have 3 monitors normally, and also a 4th hdmi cable into my AVR which duplicates one screen. The problem only happens when the AVR is turned off. It never used to happen though. 171232
  7. Black screen and mouse moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and mouse moving: A few days ago I got a black screen on a browser game in chrome. Thought it was just the gamr but ut has happened probably 20 times just using chrome. Again only in chrome this happens. Now today while on youtube in chrome my mouse kept moving to the top left corner on its...
  8. Mouse is not showing on primary screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse is not showing on primary screen: So I don't know if this is an issue with windows 10 but it probrably is. When my mouse is on my second screen it is fine but when I move it over to the primary screen it goes invisible (I can still select things) when I use a something like crunchyroll on my primary screen...
  9. Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.

Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.: Hello. I tried to use my desktop computer today, and a few moments after logging in, the cursor fixed itself on a position on the screen and wouldn't move, no matter how much I dragged the mouse around. It would flick in the direction I was dragging, then back to the spot,...
  10. Mouse cursor won't move

Mouse cursor won't move: I am using an ASUS Windows 10 Laptop and haven't been able to use the mouse since I shut it down. Before shutting it down, though, there was a necessary update. After that, the mouse cursor just disappeared. Right now, however, it is visible - but I still can't interact with...