Windows 10: Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

Discus and support Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am playing a game on this brand new HP Laptop I just got, and a nice one too. But I notice that, when I try and move my mouse when inputting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TreyBL, Aug 23, 2018.

1. TreyBL Win User

Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

So I am playing a game on this brand new HP Laptop I just got, and a nice one too. But I notice that, when I try and move my mouse when inputting commands via keyboard or typing the mouse is in a frozen position and cannot move. I have seen numerous "fixes" to this issue but even when turning off this setting it is still frozen while typing and has a short 1 second delay after typing. This is a very annoying issue that I would like to fix(current settings)

:)

TreyBL, Aug 23, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 23, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

1. Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard - Similar Threads - Mouse won't move

2. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  3. can't move my mouse while using the keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't move my mouse while using the keyboard: HP 255 G7 Notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-while-using-the-keyboard/596bb7c7-122f-4136-8cdf-533f001c1f0d
  4. Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and Text Blinking Cursor are Bound to mouse Cursor and moves and will not move when...: Hello Everyone, So this stemmed from another thread but It's it own question. Their's was involving touch screen problems I don't own a touch screen at all, not using any touch screen drivers or monitor to my knowledge. I'm a bit paranoid and I know I can uninstall drivers...
  5. My PC suddenly won't wake up when moving the mouse or pressing on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC suddenly won't wake up when moving the mouse or pressing on the keyboard: It worked completely fine before this. One move of the mouse, or a tap on the keyboard, and the computer woke up. Now, I have to literally turn the computer off and back on via the tower. I checked Power Management and both mouse and keyboard are activated to awake from...
  6. mouse doeset move when typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse doeset move when typing: when I type my mouse doesn't move. I have "hide pointer when typing" disabled but it still happens. I have synaptics version 19.3.31.31 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-doeset-move-when-typing/f95fa4cf-5cd7-4143-b9a7-34502d6e0724
  7. My Mouse Doesn't Move When I Use The Keyboard

My Mouse Doesn't Move When I Use The Keyboard: In games, I press the W key, I can't also use my mouse at the same time. Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-doesnt-move-when-i-use-the-keyboard/5bb82da2-7d9a-4513-8242-2da7c16c0133
  8. Move mouse while typing

Move mouse while typing: So as I type, I cant move my mouse and wonder why? If anyone replies to this please tell me! I'm on a Windows 10 Laptop and need to know these instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-while-typing/503824ee-95cb-46b1-9f9c-1bbee09f695a
  9. Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse: Hello, Some time during today my num pad stopped typing numbers and instead started moving the mouse. It works just like Mouse Keys, but I have made sure Mouse Keys is turned off in the options. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can turn it off?...
  10. Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse: Hello, Some time during today my num pad stopped typing numbers and instead started moving the mouse. It works just like Mouse Keys, but I have made sure Mouse Keys is turned off in the options. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can turn it off?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor wont move when typing

2. my mouse wont move while typing

3. mouse doesnt move when typing

4. mouse wont move when typing/ plaing game