Windows 10: Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Discus and support Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FreddieA, Jan 17, 2020.

1. FreddieA Win User

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows 10.

:)

FreddieA, Jan 17, 2020
  2. zukisocks Win User

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

computer wont wake up in Vista

thanks, The problem was that on hitting ESC or any key on the keyboard wont wake up the PC either. This seems to be a common problem with Vista from the posts here.
    When I pressed the power button funnily enough, it woke up - then I disabled the mouse ability to wake up as you said. I am not sure what the difference is between hibernate and sleep mode. I pressed start and hit sleep last time, perhaps this time I will try hitting hibernate instead. Mind I shouldnt have to do this then I am manually putting it in hibernate or sleep - isnt it supposed to go into sleep mode itself?
    Sometimes I am glad I still have Wndows XP and my other PC hee.

zukisocks, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Nick89 Win User
    No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

1. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Mouse wont wake

2. Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode: I know there are lots of questions like this but so far I have not found an answer to my problem so here goes.Recently did a new install of Windows 10 Home on a brand-new SSD as my old version decided not to play anymore and locked up, I could not get passed the "Repairing...
  3. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  4. Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop drive wont wake from sleep mode: I have a windows 11 laptop and something i noticed is that, sometimes the laptop will not wake from sleep mode. Why is this?When pressing any input key the keyboard will light, and the device itself will power. But the cylinder icon that represents the drive will not blink...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode: [ATTACH]If your Keyboard and Mouse do not respond after waking your Windows computer from Sleep Mode, then this post is sure to help you. Some users have reported that their keyboards and mice do not respond when they wake their systems from sleep mode. Users have also...
  6. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  7. my pc wont wake up from sleep mode

my pc wont wake up from sleep mode: ok so basically when i put my pc into sleep mode when i try to wake it up by clicking the mouse or using the key board the pc wakes up but nothing on the screen happens. when i look at my pc it looks like its turning on and off over and over again but nothing happens. i have...
  8. Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?: I've seen old posts about this but nothing in the past few months, and the older posts don't seem to describe what I'm seeing. I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10 - just received it yesterday. When it goes to sleep, I can only seem to wake it by...
  9. Computer Wont wake up from sleep

Computer Wont wake up from sleep: I updated my laptop HP Stream Laptop while updating the computer to finish its update in sleep mode. After this was finished the laptop was stuck in sleep mode. I hard reset the computer and it launched fine. After further observations looking through the logs on the update...
  10. Computer wont wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont wake from sleep: I have been reading forum posts about this since it seems to be a common problem, but I have tried everything that I have read about with no changes. I have a Dell 13 9370 with the latest version of Windows 10 (version 1903). I have tried: Adjust the power settings....