Windows 10: Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

Discus and support Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up.
    Allow mouse to wake is enabled:

Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep. [​IMG]

This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it stopped working. I tried a new mouse, same problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, I've done many Google searches and looked at lots of responses but there really is nothing more than the above as far as a suggested fix.

I've uninstalled the mouse from Device Manager then rebooted, no help.

USB attached keyboard works okay and wakes the computer.

:)

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 11, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 11, 2020
  4. EdwardYQ Win User

Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep. - Similar Threads - Mouse won't wake

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  6. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  7. Computer Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, Recently, my PC won't awaken from being asleep. When it's asleep and I press the power button, the fans all spin up (sounds like max rpm), but no display. This means I have to hold the power button to restart it. I have tried updating all the drivers but to no avail -...
  8. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  9. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  10. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...