Windows 10: Mouse works incorrectly

Discus and support Mouse works incorrectly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use MS Ergo Sculpt Mouse that started working incorrectly. It sometimes moves sporadically in various directions when I move it quickly in arching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamuelKeo, Nov 12, 2018.

1. SamuelKeo Win User

Mouse works incorrectly

I use MS Ergo Sculpt Mouse that started working incorrectly. It sometimes moves sporadically in various directions when I move it quickly in arching motion. It occasionally seems to move in the opposite direction. This problem occurs regardless of the mouse pad or the surface that I use. Who can help me with this issue?

:)

SamuelKeo, Nov 12, 2018

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 12, 2018
  3. no mouse or keyboard works. can't sign in. help

Hi Dawn,

Outdated or incorrectly configured mouse/keyboard driver can be one of the possible reasons why it is not working. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

support link
    about Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Mouse works incorrectly

Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Mouse works incorrectly

1. Mouse works incorrectly - Similar Threads - Mouse works incorrectly

2. Mouse not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working.: So I have an old shintaro office mous Shintaro Optical Mouse Model:SH-SM03, recently it has disconnected and is not working on my windows laptop. I tried a different one and it worked and my mouse works on different systems. Please help!...
  3. Incorrect name and password error during log in, mouse and keyboard don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect name and password error during log in, mouse and keyboard don't work: Hello, I reinstalled my windows yesterday, and I tried not to install the latest update because I was happy with the version I already had. Though it wasn't my choice because I got an instant restart today with an update wich gave me an error, more exactly, "name or password...
  4. Switching windows works incorrectly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching windows works incorrectly: As the title says. If I have two windows open at any given time, alt-tabbing between them works, but using the task bar to switch from one another can take up to 8 (!) attempts or maybe even more. This might be a widespread bug because I've encountered it for the first time...
  5. Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working: After Window updates, my mouse isn't working. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-working/fd3ed46f-cd47-4397-94d7-3d6d50e635ba
  6. Incorrect mouse functioning.

Incorrect mouse functioning.: I am using Windows 10 Home and my mouse is a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570. Although the pointer is always visible, from time to time the trackball is unable to select a function using the left or right click. It can go for several days working correctly and then will...
  7. Mouse not working

Mouse not working: After recent update my mouse intermittently isn't working. I can see it scrolling, but I can't click on anything, open or close anything. It was a recent update in June of 2020. Sometimes it works for a short period of time and them it stops again. The track pad also...
  8. Mouse not working

Mouse not working: My wireless mouse suddenly stopped working, I have tried checking the device manager for the mouse driver but it isn't there, and any other place like the HID, or the universal bus driver. I have also uninstalled the click-pad driver and updating it just to see if it worked I...
  9. Mouse not working

Mouse not working: i recently got a mouse, xsd gaming mouse 60085. however, the box said it only had support for windows 7, xp, 2000 and vista. When i plug it in it doesnt work and windows 10 says device not recognised. when try to run a troubleshooter it says please plug the device in, but...
  10. Mouse not Working

Mouse not Working: Yesterday I updated Windows 10 (security). After that my mouse when in the "standard" user no longer works (the keyboard works). When I used the "administrator" user the mouse works. Any ideas? 110821

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my mouse works incorrectly