Windows 10: Mouse works intermittently

Discus and support Mouse works intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Don939, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Don939 Win User

Mouse works intermittently

On July 21 I posted a question about how to fix intermittent performance by the mouse. Andre for Directly replied with three possible solutions. I have been monitoring the results of the corrections since then. I have now deployed all three solutions, and the problem still returns. The conversation has since been locked. Thus, I am reposting the question.

First, I uninstalled the USB Hubs that controlled the mouse and any others that I uninstalled until I found the one for the mouse. This worked for a time and then the problem reappeared and kept getting worse until I uninstalled the hubs again.

Second, I set the BIOS to default factory settings. The result was the same, temporary improvement but the problem reoccurred. I had installed the BIOS update that Dell issued in 2018.

Third, about a week ago, I removed the CMOS battery as instructed. The result was the same, temporary improvement.

The computer model is DELL Inspiron 660s. The SKU is Inspiron 660.

Since I bought the computer of done several clean installs of Windows 10 according to instructions by Robert Carmack on this website. The last time I did this, about a year ago, I did copy the application data files from the former system. Nevertheless, the problem of an intermittent mouse reappeared.

I would appreciate any help to solve this problem.

:)

Don939, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

Dear Andre,

Thank you very much for your response.

I followed your first solution. I went down the list and uninstalled the usb devices one-by-one until the mouse and keyboard stopped working. (This happened after I deleted the third generic USB hub. After restarting, the mouse is operating better. In
    the past, it has worked for a while and then becomes intermittent. Currently, it seems to be working, although once in a while there is a very slight delay. This was quite apparent when I looked up something in Quicken 2017. I will continue monitoring the
    performance and then uninstall all the USB ports and then work my way down the list you provided.

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell computer with sku Inspiron 660 (system model is Inspiron 660s). I did a clean install following Doug Carmack's instructions on the Micorsoft Community web site earlier this year and installed a solid state drive for the
    operating system. As best I can tell, I did not install the Dell utilities or the app data (following Carmack's recommendation). This resulted in a far more successful clean install that previous attempts over the four years. However, the problem with the
    mouse appeared at least a year before this clean install.

In addition, in my previous efforts to solve the intermittent mouse problem, a web search recommend turning off Real Tech Audio services. That worked very well about a year ago in solving the problem. Currently I have turned of Real Tech Audio services
    and disabled Real Tech on the start menu.

Thanks again.

Don939, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse works intermittently - Similar Threads - Mouse works intermittently

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  4. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  5. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  6. Intermittent Mouse Issues

Intermittent Mouse Issues: Hi guys, Having some issues with a wireless mouse running Windows 10, although I suspect maybe not the mouse at all. When I try to mouse over and highlight text to copy and paste, it can take me a few attempts to get it to highlight. It might highlight some letters, miss...
  7. highlighting function with mouse works intermittently

highlighting function with mouse works intermittently: I have been using the same computer and mouse for some years to happily click and select text. Suddenly two mice have stopped working properly, sometimes they will highlight all the text I want, so I can cut it, but often when I highlight some word or words as soon as I pick...
  8. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...
  9. USB mouse works intermittently

USB mouse works intermittently: My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption? I have...
  10. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse works intermittently windows 10