Windows 10: Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Discus and support Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I click the mousethumb button on my mouse and hold right click and want to hold left click too it doesn't work for left click. The reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackFlame6466, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Hello,

When I click the mousethumb button on my mouse and hold right click and want to hold left click too it doesn't work for left click.

The reason I want to fix this is when I play a game I use the mousethumb to activate my microphone and so communicate and the other two buttons to attack. But it never works, I've tried other buttons but any buttons I choose will always prevent me from doing accessing to an action of my keyboard, so I was wondering if and how I could fix this, could anyone help me with this problem please?

Thanks.

:)

BlackFlame6466, Mar 26, 2020

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2020
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

1. Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem - Similar Threads - Mouse3 mousethumb button

2. Mouse button 4 makes a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse button 4 makes a sound: Whenever I press mouse button 4, the back button, a sound plays. It's a like a beeping sound, it plays 1 beep when the button is pressed and then another beep when i let go of the button. I can't find any settings for this, how do I disable it?...
  3. Mouse button 4 makes a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse button 4 makes a sound: Whenever I press mouse button 4, the back button, a sound plays. It's a like a beeping sound, it plays 1 beep when the button is pressed and then another beep when i let go of the button. I can't find any settings for this, how do I disable it?...
  4. Power button problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button problem: My power button does not seem to be working. Long hold, short hold nothing. Everything else seems to work fine. To get it to boot I had to go through the BIOS recovery tool. Any ideas of how to restore functionality or a workaround for another key to start my computer?...
  5. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised: I have been using a M618 PLUS wireless mouse for about 9 months. I have arthritis in my fingers so I use Xmouse to map buttons 4 and 5 to scroll up and down the page to save me constantly using the mouse wheel. I use it in conjunction with a standard keyboard connected via...
  6. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working: Just recently my mouse buttons 4 and 5 quit working. It is a Corsair m65 mouse. I have looked in there software and it is set as back and forward for webpages. I have tried it on other devices and it works correctly without any software. Its win10 on a PC I built myself....
  7. Mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse button problem: I have two buttons on the side of my mouse. They used to work, and do what i've bound them to do, but now all they do is skip music or videos that i run in the background, (most often its spotify) submitted by /u/DuckyDasher [link] [comments]...
  8. Problem with media buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with media buttons: Hello, my media buttons stopped working and i cannot find a working fix, i tried the chrome thing, its not it, automatic start the human interface devices didnt work either. im with a asus laptop, the fn+ volume brightness everything works fine but pause/play skip track etc,...
  9. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...
  10. Quake 4 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quake 4 problem: I have just downloaded windows 10, I was playing Quake 4 on 8.1 and it was fine, now the game will not start, I uninstalled the game and now it will not let me re-install it. Can anybody help please 15184