Windows 10: Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Discus and support Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I click the mousethumb button on my mouse and hold right click and want to hold left click too it doesn't work for left click. The reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlackFlame6466, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:37 AM.

1. Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Hello,

When I click the mousethumb button on my mouse and hold right click and want to hold left click too it doesn't work for left click.

The reason I want to fix this is when I play a game I use the mousethumb to activate my microphone and so communicate and the other two buttons to attack. But it never works, I've tried other buttons but any buttons I choose will always prevent me from doing accessing to an action of my keyboard, so I was wondering if and how I could fix this, could anyone help me with this problem please?

Thanks.

:)

BlackFlame6466, Mar 26, 2020 at 5:37 AM

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

4. snoopy51 Win User

Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

Thema:

Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem

1. Mouse3-4;mousethumb button problem - Similar Threads - Mouse3 mousethumb button

2. problem start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem start button: I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-start-button/7814b9ac-ac26-41ff-aaf1-6686855aa31b
  3. Problem with media buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with media buttons: Hello, my media buttons stopped working and i cannot find a working fix, i tried the chrome thing, its not it, automatic start the human interface devices didnt work either. im with a asus laptop, the fn+ volume brightness everything works fine but pause/play skip track etc,...
  4. Problem with Civilization 4 Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Civilization 4 Game: went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the game. it would not open. the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs...
  5. Forza 4 problem with network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza 4 problem with network: I want to play online with Forza 4 … getting these error codes... can you help [ATTACH] Network seems ok [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-4-problem-with-network/1e4c6136-5555-45af-83b3-22c6ec146de2
  6. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...
  7. GTA 4 Achievement Probleme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 4 Achievement Probleme: When i completed the first mission from gta 4 the cousins bellic i didnt got the achievement off the boat on pc games for windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gta-4-achievement-probleme/0d89150d-df52-414e-98fc-71ff93818c9c
  8. Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !: Hey ... I have a small problem, premiere forza, etc. I started a happy game ... I play, I play ... And suddenly ... Crash - the game has freeza for a second and gray screen and s*** ... Played Crashes to the desktopafter playing ... Can you help me? The same problem I had...
  9. Quake 4 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quake 4 problem: I have just downloaded windows 10, I was playing Quake 4 on 8.1 and it was fine, now the game will not start, I uninstalled the game and now it will not let me re-install it. Can anybody help please 15184
  10. Problems with start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with start button: Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up that I am failing to use. 27316