Windows 10: MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...

Discus and support MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using mousekeys; the numpad to control the mouse. These are the controls on the numpad: 5: click 8: up 4: left 6: right 2: Down I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpirantPanda60, Nov 1, 2019.

1. MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...

I am using mousekeys; the numpad to control the mouse.

These are the controls on the numpad:

5: click

8: up

4: left

6: right

2: Down

I need to be able to click (five) and move at the same time. For left, right and down, it works fine - i can move and click. But when moving up and click, it register the movement (8) but not the click (5).

Is this the same on everyone's PC or just mine? Is there a way to fix it?

:)

SpirantPanda60, Nov 1, 2019

2. Mousekeys: any way to change "both click" to "middle click"?

Hi,

I've got nerve issues in my hands that mean that it's very painful to use a normal mouse. So I was trying to use the Accessibility Mousekeys setting to use my keyboard instead.

At work I use Linux, and Mousekeys just works. I have access to all three of left, middle and right click.

At home, I'm using Windows 10. The three click options however are left, "both left+right", and right click. There is no middle click - which I use frequently and very sorely miss!

I have two questions:

• Is there a setting somewhere where I can turn on the equivalent of "emulate middle-click with both-click" for Windows Accessibility Mousekeys? (i.e. it's not a touchpad, it's the accessibility settings that allow you to use the numberpad of ANY keyboard).
      Or is there any other way I can get a middle-click action (e.g. Something like shift+left-click is middle-click).
    • Under what circumstances is "both-click" ever useful/usable? Why does Mousekeys in Windows do something that as far as I am aware of is useless instead of providing the middle-click that other OSs do?

MelanaNighthawk, Nov 1, 2019
  3. mousekeys

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to change mouse pointer setting and check if it works. Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Open Mouse Properties by pressing Windows key + X, and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click
      Mouse.
    • Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:
      • To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, under
        Motion, move the Select a pointer speed slider toward
        Slow or Fast.
      • To make the pointer work more accurately when you're moving the mouse slowly, under
        Motion, select the Enhance pointer precision check box.
      • Check the Enhance Pointer precision checkbox and click Apply and OK.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 1, 2019
  4. MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...

Mousekeys: any way to change "both click" to "middle click"?

To put this in perspective:

• There is a 31 year old standard for what the disability/accessibility option for Mousekeys (controlling the mouse cursor with only a keyboard) should provide.
    • Microsoft provides 3 modes. Two of the three modes Microsoft provide meet the standard. The third mode Microsoft provide (where a "click" sends both left and right click at the same time, instead of sending the "modifier button"/middle mouse button the
      standard sets out) is meaningless in modern Windows.
    • This means that of the 3 modes Microsoft provide, one is completely broken - it represents nothing usable or useful in the operating system itself.
    • Thus, my conclusion is that Microsoft are NOT meeting the minimum standards for accessibility in their current implementation of Mousekeys.
    I can understand that third mode being "both-click" coming from a history where mice didn't have a third button originally - and the operating system had an option to emulate the middle mouse button by clicking both the left and right buttons at the same
    time.

However, it appears that Microsoft have removed the option to do middle button emulation -
    without updating the accessibility setting that depended on it being there. This
    breaks/makes meaningless the third mode of the Mousekeys accessibility feature!

This isn't a fault with a stand-alone mouse. There is no mouse hardware involved. These are basic accessibility/disability features
    built into Windows itself that are partly unusable!

MelanaNighthawk, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...

1. MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right... - Similar Threads - MOUSEKEYS Why cant

2. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  3. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  4. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I cant press left shift and space at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant press left shift and space at the same time.: this occured randomly. I tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers didn't work and the keyboard i have is the orignal lenevo wirless keyboard which came with my pc. but however when i press the right shift key i can press space bar at the same time. same problem with shift +...
  6. I cant press left shift and space at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant press left shift and space at the same time.: this occured randomly. I tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers didn't work and the keyboard i have is the orignal lenevo wirless keyboard which came with my pc. but however when i press the right shift key i can press space bar at the same time. same problem with shift +...
  7. Left click not working while pressing right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click not working while pressing right click: Well, I tried to play on a random FPS game, and when I try to do a scope, I press right-click, but when I click the left button on my touchpad, it doesn't work. I tried to reset the settings to their default but still, not working. anyone pls help me...
  8. I cant press left shift and space at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant press left shift and space at the same time.: I actually don't know the cause of this and for the life of me don't know how it even arose. It randomly appeared a few weeks ago and is becoming a real problem. I literally don't have any other information other than when I press and hold left shift and press space the space...
  9. Left and right click Wont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and right click Wont work at the same time: I Bought a Surface 2 For heavy gaming and some time my mouse wont work so i need to use track pad but When i play HUMAN FALL FLAT which requires both the clicks work at the same time BUT THE MICROSOFT SURFACE 2 WON'T let me play...
  10. i cant press left shift and space in the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant press left shift and space in the same time: when i,m playing a game i cant press left shift button and space button at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-cant-press-left-shift-and-space-in-the-same-time/6c390170-07f5-45cf-b515-2ab3b4d75383