Windows 10: Mousepad disabled

Discus and support Mousepad disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My mouse pad is not working anymore. My laptop does not have the "toggle" everyone talks about, so I don't know what happened or how to fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbaraB1809, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Mousepad disabled

Hi,

My mouse pad is not working anymore. My laptop does not have the "toggle" everyone talks about, so I don't know what happened or how to fix it.

When I go to the mousepad settings, it does not show me any option to turn it on or off.

I've also seen suggestions to use F6 or F12, but those don't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

:)

BarbaraB1809, Jun 9, 2020

2. Disabling Mousepad

I have windows 10, laptop is an ASUS. How do I disable the mousepad?

CindyG2018, Jun 9, 2020
  3. f9 mousepad enable/disable not working since upgrade to windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10, the f9 key which is used to enable/disable mousepad/touchpad on my ASUS laptop no longer works to disable the mousepad. Mousepad is enabled and I can't disable it. What can I do to get this function key working again, or
    is there another way to disable the mousepad (but not permanently)? I much prefer to disable it and use separate mouse under most circumstances using the laptop (otherwise my hands touch mousepad and do things I don't want all the time). Other function keys
    seem to be working fine.

LynnEdwards3, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Mousepad disabled

windows 10 disable mousepad

If it still appears, it could be due to the driver being placed there initially prior to purchasing the laptop. Since that didn’t do the trick, try these steps instead to disable your touchpad:

• Using Cortana, search for Touchpad.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Look for a switch to toggle touchpad On/Off.

• If a switch is available, switch the toggle off.

• If a toggle is not available:
      • Choose Additional Mouse Options.
      • Go to Dell Touchpad tab.
      • Click the picture of a touchpad to turn it On/Off.
      • Click Save.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Mousepad disabled

1. Mousepad disabled - Similar Threads - Mousepad disabled

2. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  3. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  4. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  5. Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.

Laptops mousepad and keyboard aren't working.: I have windows 11. When I enter BIOS I can use the mouse and keyboard. Can't use them in safe mode. External mouse and keyboard also don't work. I already restored to last point and that didn't solve the issue. Any other things I can try?...
  6. Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad: My surface laptop 2 randomly shuts down the screen, keyboard and mousepad. So basically everything does not work, while the laptop stays active e.g. I hear a video continue playing After some seconds to a minute everything works again, however, everything shuts off again...
  7. Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad

Surface laptop 2 randomly shuts off device’s screen keyboard and mousepad: My surface laptop 2 randomly shuts down the screen, keyboard and mousepad. So basically everything does not work, while the laptop stays active e.g. I hear a video continue playing After some seconds to a minute everything works again, however, everything shuts off again...
  8. Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update: My first choice for laptop purchase would be without a mousepad, but I am in a minority. I have turned off my mousepad a few times now and it keeps turning back on without me doing it. Accidentally brushing against the mousepad has always been a source of problems and I...
  9. Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled

Mousepad and bottom row of function buttons disabled: Hi I was hoping somebody could help me. I don't know what has happened but my bottom row of function buttons and my mousepad is not working. The pointer circle between the g and h in the middle of the keyboard works and the top row of function buttons work. I`ve tried...
  10. Disabling Mousepad

Disabling Mousepad: I have windows 10, laptop is an ASUS. How do I disable the mousepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disabling-mousepad/7580f27f-6565-4f43-a74a-ccc4dac35588