Windows 10: mousepad not working after windows 10 install

Discus and support mousepad not working after windows 10 install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. i have just installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit to an acer aspire E15 laptop (it had Windows 8.1). now the mouse pad doesnt work. ive re downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by turbopete, Sep 21, 2018.

1. turbopete Win User

mousepad not working after windows 10 install

Hi.

i have just installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit to an acer aspire E15 laptop (it had Windows 8.1). now the mouse pad doesnt work. ive re downloaded the drivers and installed to no avail, and it also seems to be different (it has the cortana search bar which disappeared on my main system quite some time ago, but i digress) despite being the same OS, which should be irrelevant.

How do i get the mousepad working as its not my own laptop, im just doing the upgrade! all help greatfully accepted, before i have to take it to someone else to get the issue sorted. im trying to learn about such things as i go (im sure we ALL had to learn somehow).

Thanks

:)

turbopete, Sep 21, 2018

2. Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Sep 21, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 21, 2018
  4. mousepad not working after windows 10 install

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

mousepad not working after windows 10 install

1. mousepad not working after windows 10 install - Similar Threads - mousepad working install

2. My mousepad is not working....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is not working....: Every time I update the windows while I'm using my Wireless Mouse, After the update my mousepad would not work and I then go back to my previous update...I want a solution...Windows 11Mouse: NIYE SB-SLYXM10Laptop: IdeaPad Gaming 3 15, AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H...
  3. My mousepad is not working....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mousepad is not working....: Every time I update the windows while I'm using my Wireless Mouse, After the update my mousepad would not work and I then go back to my previous update...I want a solution...Windows 11Mouse: NIYE SB-SLYXM10Laptop: IdeaPad Gaming 3 15, AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H...
  4. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  5. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  6. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. mousepad not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mousepad not working suddenly: windows 10 I have put this in n here, but do not get help on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1610203347163 May get help on this forum I cannot seem to get my touch mouse pad to bee seen by windows 10, it did work, but now you cannot even see it in settings,...
  8. mousepad not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Support
    mousepad not working suddenly: windows 10 I have put this in n here, but do not get help on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1610203347163 May get help on this forum I cannot seem to get my touch mouse pad to bee seen by windows 10, it did work, but now you cannot even see it in settings,...
  9. mousepad not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mousepad not working suddenly: I cannot seem to get my touch mouse pad to bee seen by windows 10, it did work, but now you cannot even see it in settings, does not dispaly mousepad. I have a Asus gaming FX570UD. I did even pull out the tp cable between mouse and motherboard but still not see mousepad in...
  10. I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.: I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10. I have followed previous posts fixes, including downloading new drivers and running the Windows Troublshooter for devices. Please could you advise if a fix has been found for this issue....