Windows 10: MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

Discus and support MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PhilGoodInc, Feb 2, 2024.

1. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of months I have been finding that MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is the thing causing the issue.I have tried powercfg /requestsoverride process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe execution which does nothing. I have tried adjusting my active hours, but that also seems to not matter, just because I'm asleep/way from the computer does not mean this is ha

:)

PhilGoodInc, Feb 2, 2024
  2. MisterEd Win User

Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

I have seen several threads here complaining about this
    Code:
    I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates

I just got that and then went into Windows Update

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322382d1615584990t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_36_291.jpg

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322383d1615585012t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_36_523.jpg

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322384d1615585020t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_37_004.jpg

All seemed OK but based on past experience I knew there was something wrong with Windows Updates
    I then restarted the Windows Update service

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322386d1615585208t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_40_071.jpg

I then retried Windows Update again

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322387d1615585322t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_42_021.jpg

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322388d1615585339t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_42_192.jpg

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322389d1615585346t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_42_253.jpg

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off 322390d1615585356t-should-mousocoreworker-exe-preventing-sleep-ignored-2021_03_12_21_42_354.jpg

That showed there actually was a problem with Windows Update.

If we configured Windows so that MoUsoCoreWorker.exe no longer prevented sleep how are we to know when there is a problem with Windows Update?

In other words shouldn't we take this more seriously and listen to what Windows is telling us instead of trying to hide it?

MisterEd, Feb 2, 2024
  3. Windows 10 External Monitor only :: How to set Portrait orientation?

Thanks Elise,

I found more links which suggest

1. turn one of the monitor
    2. feedback to Microsoft
    Using Steps Recorder on Two monitors. (microsoft.com)

How to limit Problem Steps Recorder to single - Microsoft Community

I need assistance on both suggestions; how to

1. turn off laptop monitor?
    2. locate feedback hub on Cortana?
    My workaround is to use PowerPoint Screen Recorder but this need additional screen capture.

The reason for Screen Recorder is Windows 10 Mouse Cursor for Office Menu item disappear when select Screen Capture App. It is cumbersome to show Tech Support what is selected on Office App on captured screen...

Thanks Ahead!

panes-rubrics.0l_icloud.com, Feb 2, 2024
  4. Sasqui Win User

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 2, 2024
Thema:

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

1. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off - Similar Threads - MoUsoCoreWorker exe Preventing

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  5. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  6. Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off: My screen doesn't go to sleep if my wireless mouse is plugged in, solution ? submitted by /u/PursuingAmerica [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/viosmb/wireless_mouse_prevents_monitor_from_turning_off/
  7. mousocoreworker

mousocoreworker: mousocoreworker.exe stop computer from entering sleep mode. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousocoreworker/79ccd3da-4748-4dba-9dbe-bf2fa9590d0c
  8. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off: Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power and sleep settings. The screensaver will kick in but immediately exit or the monitor will go blank as if to start the...
  9. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  10. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off: Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform). My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not...