Windows 10: .mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is...

Discus and support .mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I am getting this message "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KieronMcCabe, May 4, 2020.

1. .mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is...

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I am getting this message "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." on the .MOV files as the files where working on the Windows 7 OS and are not now is a concern . Please help. My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

KieronMcCabe, May 4, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Editing .mov files

Ive never worked with .mov files. What a free program and best program to work with .mov files on a PC?

Thanks

Jetster, May 4, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    .MOV files play choppy

Trying to open .mov files on a computer, video will start fine for 3 seconds then freeze. Play for one second, then freeze again for 5 seconds. Happens with multiple .mov files.

Tried using WMP and VLC. Task manager is not showing signs of PC being taxed.

Ideas?

slim142, May 4, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

.mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is...

Converting rmvb files

K, i had the same problem with 75% of my rmvb files, but after i used this program 100% would convert. If the files play in realplayer it isn;t a problem with the codec.
    Try searching for real alternative if you don;t want to use realplayer - it will let you play rm files in any media player.

silkstone, May 4, 2020
Thema:

.mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is...

1. .mov files are displaying This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is... - Similar Threads - mov files are

2. Number of files displayed in each file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of files displayed in each file type: In Windows 10, when I grouped files in File Explorer by type, the number of files in each type was displayed next to the file type. i.e. JPG 15. How can I restore this function?...
  3. Number of files displayed in each file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number of files displayed in each file type: In Windows 10, when I grouped files in File Explorer by type, the number of files in each type was displayed next to the file type. i.e. JPG 15. How can I restore this function?...
  4. Fix Error 0xc10100bf, This file isn’t playable

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0xc10100bf, This file isn’t playable: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix Error 0xc10100bf, This file isn’t playable. The error code usually appears if the media player doesn’t support the file format you are trying to play. The error message reads: Can’t play This file isn’t playable. That might be because...
  5. Can't play - This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play - This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported,...: I'm getting errors when I'm trying to play my videos, whether I'm playing them on my laptop or after I've copied them onto my USB drive E: even after I replugged it in and repaired it. It gives me these error messages, regardless of whether they are MP4 or MOV files:From my...
  6. "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file...: I transferred an audio file from my phone (iPhone) to my PC. The audio played fine on my mobile, but when I tried playing it on my PC, I got the error message in the title. I've tried playing on Windows Media Player, Groove Music and VLC but get nothing. I've tried converting...
  7. .MOV files -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .MOV files -: what sw do i need to download to view these video files to see and hear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/c7b6183e-4aff-4ab5-b8b1-d489560e2485
  8. mov files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mov files: As usual Microsoft in its grand plan it has not provided to play an MOV file!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/35c167f9-1dea-4bbd-91f4-d0249b03c135
  9. This file isn’t playable, 0x10100be error in Movies app or WMP

in Windows 10 News
    This file isn’t playable, 0x10100be error in Movies app or WMP: [ATTACH] If when you try to play an MP4 video file using Movies & TV app or Windows Media Player and you receive This file isn’t playable, 0x10100be error, then this post may be able to help you. The error is [...] This post This file isn’t playable, 0x10100be error in...
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...