Windows 10: *.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied...

Discus and support *.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; *.mov files do not play via "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied from iPhone 6. The message says to download codec. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SonyaIsmailova, Nov 25, 2020.

1. *.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied...

*.mov files do not play via "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied from iPhone 6. The message says to download codec. I can't find in Microsoft.com any helpful link to that codec. what the heck? Where is it in Microsoft.com?

thank you. :-

:)

SonyaIsmailova, Nov 25, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Nov 25, 2020
  3. .MOV Files won't play on my surface when they did just yesterday.

Had a .mov icon file on my desktop that played fine yesterday using Movies and T.V. now today the icon no longer shows a clip of the movie and it's just the movies and tv icon and comes up with an error saying can't play this item is in a format we don't
    support. oxc010103. Or it just says .mov it looks like we don't support this format. "this just played fine yesterday" I've tried other medias like vlc and installed the klite codec to no avail. I've also attempted to turn off the wmp feature and then
    back on as suggested on older posts.

Moved from: ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC )

Conan Javier, Nov 25, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

*.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied...

.MOV files play choppy

Trying to open .mov files on a computer, video will start fine for 3 seconds then freeze. Play for one second, then freeze again for 5 seconds. Happens with multiple .mov files.

Tried using WMP and VLC. Task manager is not showing signs of PC being taxed.

Ideas?

slim142, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

*.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied...

1. *.mov files do not play in "Movie&TV" nor "WMP" in my Windows 10 PC, which were copied... - Similar Threads - mov files play

2. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  3. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  4. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  5. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  6. TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?

in Windows 10 Support
    TV video library shows on WMP PC but PC server/WMP not on TV?: HI there, I can get the TV contents of attached USB's/HDD over to my PC on WMP but not the reverse which is what I want. The TV doesn't show my PC server at all (W10 ver. 1909) It is, however, listed on WMP and Movies & TV app. Any ideas welcomed. 146813
  7. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  8. Movies & TV app won't open .mov file - time sensitive

Movies & TV app won't open .mov file - time sensitive: I recorded a video for a school project on an iPhone 10, uploaded it to Google Drive (too large to be attached in an email), and downloaded the video to my laptop. When I tried to open the video in Movies & TV, it first indicated I should purchase an updated codec for $0.99...
  9. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077: Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error...
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...