Windows 10: .MOV files on Photos App

Discus and support .MOV files on Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having problems playing MOV files on the photos app. I downloaded some codecs from the microsoft store at a cost of 79 pence. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gregor_28, May 12, 2020.

1. Gregor_28 Win User

.MOV files on Photos App

Hi,

I have been having problems playing MOV files on the photos app. I downloaded some codecs from the microsoft store at a cost of 79 pence. This has partially fixed the problem as Photos app will now play the files.

However, when I try to incorporate these MOV files into a video on the Photos app video editor, they files play but are very jumpy and don't play smoothly.

Can you offer any advice on how to fix this? I have tried re-installing Photos App and using a code found on this site in Windows Powershell Admin, but neither worked.

Thanks

:)

Gregor_28, May 12, 2020

2. Problem playing .MOV files on Windows Photos App

If the suggested steps didn't help, you can run the following in a Command Window to re-register the Store app: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml.

You may also use other media or video player. This is to check if the .MOV file that you're trying to play on Windows Photo can be played.

Regards.

Marque Lor, May 12, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Editing .mov files

Ive never worked with .mov files. What a free program and best program to work with .mov files on a PC?

Thanks

Jetster, May 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

.MOV files on Photos App

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, May 12, 2020
Thema:

.MOV files on Photos App

1. .MOV files on Photos App - Similar Threads - MOV files Photos

2. I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing: I purchased a MOV player app but file not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-mov-player-app-but-file-not-playing/96ab63a5-5ba5-4b4b-9b61-29d8fa080264
  3. I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing: I purchased a MOV player app but file not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-mov-player-app-but-file-not-playing/96ab63a5-5ba5-4b4b-9b61-29d8fa080264
  4. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  5. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  6. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  7. .mov files used in Photos app project now throwing "you need an extension to use this file"

.mov files used in Photos app project now throwing "you need an extension to use this file": I created a video in the Photos app Video Editor function a couple months ago that I just reopened to address an issue with volume. About 22 of the .MOV files I'd previously used successfully in the project now show up as a black or grey file preview with the error "you need...
  8. .MOV files -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .MOV files -: what sw do i need to download to view these video files to see and hear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/c7b6183e-4aff-4ab5-b8b1-d489560e2485
  9. mov files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mov files: As usual Microsoft in its grand plan it has not provided to play an MOV file!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files/35c167f9-1dea-4bbd-91f4-d0249b03c135
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos app .mov