Windows 10: MOV files won't play in Windows 10

Discus and support MOV files won't play in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MOV files from iphone won't open in Windows 10. Which app will open these files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gialina, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Gialina Win User

MOV files won't play in Windows 10

MOV files from iphone won't open in Windows 10. Which app will open these files?

:)

Gialina, Oct 26, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2019
  3. slim142 Win User
    .MOV files play choppy

Trying to open .mov files on a computer, video will start fine for 3 seconds then freeze. Play for one second, then freeze again for 5 seconds. Happens with multiple .mov files.

Tried using WMP and VLC. Task manager is not showing signs of PC being taxed.

Ideas?

slim142, Oct 26, 2019
  4. MOV files won't play in Windows 10

Problem playing .MOV files on Windows Photos App

If the suggested steps didn't help, you can run the following in a Command Window to re-register the Store app: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml.

You may also use other media or video player. This is to check if the .MOV file that you're trying to play on Windows Photo can be played.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

MOV files won't play in Windows 10

1. MOV files won't play in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - MOV files won't

2. Unable to play a big mov file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to play a big mov file: I cannot play a big mov file with Movies & TV. It can be used to play small mov files with no issue. But for the big one, the software launches, but no video is played. The link to the file I am having the issue with:...
  3. Unable to play a big mov file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play a big mov file: I cannot play a big mov file with Movies & TV. It can be used to play small mov files with no issue. But for the big one, the software launches, but no video is played. The link to the file I am having the issue with:...
  4. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  5. MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV files will not play on my Windows 10 desktop: Same result with Windows Media Player and Movies and TVHere's the message that displays:"Sorry. Can't Play Please Try Again 0x80004002"MP4 and WMV Will PlayApparently I need a CODEC. Can anyone advise me on how to enable my MOV files precious vids of my granddaughter?Thank...
  6. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  7. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  8. MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MOV files won't play, "missing codec 0xc00d36b4": Immediately after the most recent windows 10 update, my MOV files won't play. It states this item is in a format we don't support. Missing Codec. 0xc00d36b4 I am at a total loss, help....
  9. How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10: What tools does Microsoft offer to play MOV type files on it;s Window 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-play-a-mov-file-in-windows-10/754f00cd-844e-47de-903e-62ec64892e86"
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iphone mov files wont play on pc

2. windows 10 wont play .mov files

3. MOV video file wont play in windows 10

4. mov file wont play in windows 10,
  5. .mov wont play on windows 10,
  6. unable to open MOV. video file in file explorer,
  7. mov wont play on pc,
  8. my mov videos will not play on windows photo