Windows 10: MOV Thumbnails don't show

Discus and support MOV Thumbnails don't show in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerCribben, Feb 20, 2019.

1. MOV Thumbnails don't show

I can\t see any thumbnails for MOV files on my computer, I have Quicktime player installed and I have followed the below instructions posted by a mod in an earlier version of this question from another user. Neither of these things helped. Is there any other advice on how to make Windows 10 show a thumbnail of these files?

Quote from "Ferdz Amp":

"You can recreate thumbnail cache by using Command prompt. Kindly follow these steps to do so:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Search for Command Prompt.
    3. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    5. Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter:

del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db

6. Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter:

start explorer.exe

7. Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you create a new user with administrator privileges and check if the issue is resolved. Refer to this support article for the steps on how to: Set up accounts.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the issue is specific to a corrupted user profile.

Let us know how it goes."

:)

DerCribben, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Vario Win User

Mov codec broken.

My mov codec must be broken. All the *.mov files are opening, but the colors are all damaged. Any suggestions? I have tried quick time alternative as well as quicktime with the same result. Whats the best way to clean out the old codecs so I can reinstall.

Vario, Feb 20, 2019
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

MOV Thumbnails don't show

Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

MOV Thumbnails don't show

1. MOV Thumbnails don't show - Similar Threads - MOV Thumbnails don't

2. Cannot View SOME .mov Thumbnails? A Possible Reason Why!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot View SOME .mov Thumbnails? A Possible Reason Why!: I've had certain .mov files that would not show a thumbnail, yet all other file types and other .mov files would.I've been through all the possible fixes, but none worked.Then I noticed that all of these .mov files were 3 seconds long. All were from my iPhone. It turns out...
  3. Thumbnail not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail not showing: Today,I just switched on my laptop. I just noticed that some thumbnails aren't showing. I thought restating explorer may help. But the consequences make my assumptions wrong. I quickly rushed to the browser, trying to find some spells that could solve my problem. I found...
  4. Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files: Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails show, but when I close the folder and reopen they become blank 'envelopes'. Is there a simple solution I can perform myself?...
  5. Thumbnail for .Mov files for windows 10

Thumbnail for .Mov files for windows 10: Hello, I am unable to preview/thumbnail any .mov formats on my computer. I can display Mp4 or any other formats but not .mov .... i edit a lot of movies and this is really causing me a lot of issues and wasted time. Please advise! Sandra...
  6. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up: Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same...
  7. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  8. Thumbnails not showing

Thumbnails not showing: I am at a total loss. When I open a folder containing images, the thumbnails appear but immediately disappear leaving icons on view. I have tried just about every suggestion made by Microsoft and numerous 'help' sites, all with no success. Anyone with any suggestions or...
  9. Thumbnails not showing

Thumbnails not showing: For some reason thumbnails will show for regular photos but not clip studio paint files. I have the program and they show fine on my desktop but I just got the Surface Go and they won't show on that. If I go to send a file they'll show but not in the file explorer/my...
  10. Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more: So there must have been an update a couple months ago because since about August like half of the thumbnails on the task bar don't work. Like my calendar, calculator and a few other programs that I typically have down there. Anyone else having this problem or know of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 quicktime thumbnails dont show

2. show .mov thumbnails