Windows 10: move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work

Discus and support move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; win 10 update & now I can't move a file w/drag & drop. Instead, the file opens. How to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by putnammorgan, Sep 12, 2019.

1. move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work

win 10 update & now I can't move a file w/drag & drop. Instead, the file opens. How to fix?

:)

putnammorgan, Sep 12, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Win User
  4. move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work

Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work

1. move a file w/drag & drop doesn't work - Similar Threads - move file drag

2. drag and drop windows 10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop windows 10 doesn't work: On Windows 10, the drag and drop doesn't work. I have tried a method using the Esc key and still not working, and all the drivers seem fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-windows-10-doesnt-work/d78f9a41-9277-4025-8047-67cbfa36bf6a
  3. drag and drop windows 10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop windows 10 doesn't work: On Windows 10, the drag and drop doesn't work. I have tried a method using the Esc key and still not working, and all the drivers seem fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-windows-10-doesnt-work/d78f9a41-9277-4025-8047-67cbfa36bf6a
  4. drag and drop windows 10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving the orginal file when drag and dropping a shortcut: Hello! Sadly google cant help me with this one so I thought why not open a post? But lets get to my question. I got a folder with shortcuts to differnt pictures which are in different folders. Is there a way to easy move the original data by drag and dropping the shortcut?...
  6. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  7. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  8. Drag and Drop to move files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to move files not working: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.407). I was trying to move a folder to another folder. So I did the following: 1. I dragged the folder to be moved with mouse. 2. Pressed Alt+tab to switch to the target folder. 3. The...
  9. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....
  10. File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Drag and Drop doesn't work: Hello, when I try to drag and drop a file using file explorer, it shows a red "unavailable" icon. I also haven't found a way to disable the annoying time and date text at the bottom left of the lock screen (which was easily done in Windows 8.1 as documented on...