Windows 10: Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

Discus and support Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, and the windows store completely deleted my copy to install it again for no reasonunfortunately. I've... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GeraldRogers2, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

Hello,

I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, and the windows store completely deleted my copy to install it again for no reasonunfortunately. I've isnce had to download it on a laptop elsewhere as I have a low data cap, and now would like to copy it to my PC, as it will run better.

Where is the option to do this? Every other games serviceSteam, Origin, etc. makes this pretty foolproof, so I would hope that the Windows Store has a similar function for this simple process.

:)

GeraldRogers2, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Install Button on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Based on your post about no install button on Microsoft Store, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Does this issue happen only on that particular app only?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried checking other apps if they don't have install button also?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal on this

link
    and check if it will work.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

1. Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another? - Similar Threads - Move Microsoft Store

2. Moving installed programs to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving installed programs to another computer: Hi. I am using Oracle database XE 18c, Oracle APEX 21.1 and ORDS 22.2 on Windows 7 Professional.I've developed an app using the above mentioned tools. I always face a problem when deploying the app to another computer because it takes about an hour and half to get up and...
  3. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  4. Move device from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move device from one Microsoft account to another: I have a Microsoft account with email address 'A' that shows my subscription, but no device. It also has the Skype account with all my historic details. I have another Microsoft account with email address B that shows my device. First question: how do I move my device to...
  5. Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving pre-installed windows from one pc to another: Hi, I've got hp 8300 computer that came with pre-installed windows 10 and I'm getting new computer that has clean wiped ssd with no OS. Can I move my hp windows license to new computer? Thanks...
  6. Moving a game from one Microsoft account to another Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a game from one Microsoft account to another Minecraft: Hello, I have digital Minecraft game on my laptop and now I want to play this game on my PC. On those computers there are different Microsoft accounts. How can I play Minecraft on my PC? Thanks in advanced. F1l1p...
  7. Moving from one boot drive to another with a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving from one boot drive to another with a fresh install.: Hello, I am moving from my current build which has a 1Tb hdd as the boot drive and another 500gb hdd to the same computer but with an added 500gb ssd which I will be booting windows off of. Now, I am limited by internet and do not want to reinstall all of my programs. Is...
  8. icons move from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Support
    icons move from one computer to another: Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back. I think it's due to onedrive. I thought it had to do with syncing so I turned it off but still the same thing. I googled the...
  9. move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    move programs and settings from one microsoft account to another: Hi my son "stole" my Microsoft account so I made a new one, but I want to move all programs and settings to mine, which I have made administrator....
  10. Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there a way to download an app from the Microsoft Store and install it on another computer?: I have a computer that will not allow me to download from the Store because of Group Policy. I am free to install applications that have normal .exe or .msi extensions. Can the apps from the Store be downloaded without installing them so that they can be moved to another...