Windows 10: Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a program on my Windows 7 computer of which I have lost the installation CD . Is there any way to somehow move the program from my old computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by snowfun87, Jul 23, 2017.

1. snowfun87 Win User

Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10

I have a program on my Windows 7 computer of which I have lost the installation CD . Is there any way to somehow move the program from my old computer to my new Windows 10 OS on my new computer? The program is Omron Health Management Software. I contacted Omron for a new CD. They no longer support my device.

Thank you,

:)

snowfun87, Jul 23, 2017
  2. aj2wow Win User

Moving to Win 8.1 PC and Upgrading to Win 10

Moving from Win 7 PC to Win 8.1 PC. Should I use Easy Transfer, move to Win 8.1 machine, and then upgrade to Win 10; or upgrade empty Win 8.1 to Win 10 first, and then use free Laplink PC Mover Express to move from Win 7 PC? Nervous about Win 10 compatibility
    issues with older programs possibly resulting in lost pics, music, etc.

aj2wow, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Does the Win 10 upgrade preserve current program installations or will I have to reinstall all my programs?

The FAQs do not address whether running an in-place upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 will port over all my programs or whether I'll have to rebuild my setup.

If it does not bring over all existing Win 7 installations that will run under Win 10, I'll wait for Laplink's Upgrade Assistant to be updated to handle this - that was how I moved from XP to 7.

PhilOlenick, Jul 23, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can try PCMover:
    Feature Overview – Laplink®

How much other stuff do you have installed on the new Windows 10 PC? You could try cloning the Windows 7 from the old computer to the new computer, then doing an in place upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Jul 23, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    However PCMover and Easeus's rather similar offering have a 1 time use license fee.

Further, have you checked if the program is compatible with Win 10?

It appears to be available as a download- if so, you could try it on Win 10.
    Omron Health Management Software Downloads - White Medical

dalchina, Jul 23, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Easeus PCTRANS has a trial mode that allows you to move only 1 or 2 programs for free.

cereberus, Jul 24, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    This link says it's incompatible so you may be out of luck unless you run a Windows 7 VM. https://omronhealthcare.com/service-...duct-software/

Steve C, Jul 25, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Move a software program from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Move software program

2. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  3. Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. .: Moving from Win 7 to a new machine with Win 11. Is there an ap I can download that will tell me which software will work on 11, and which will not? I'd rather know ahead of time....
  4. Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.: Hello, it is good idea now move from Win 7 to Win 10? I have heard that Win 10 21H2 will be last build before Win 11, so make sense wait until it come? I dont want reinstall my OS every 6 months, that is why i stuck on Win 7. There is no hurry for me leave Win 7, i only move...
  5. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  6. Programs, Drivers From Win 7 To Win 10

Programs, Drivers From Win 7 To Win 10: Hello- I need to get my pc over to Windows 10. I've got the latest Windows 10 Pro burned to disc, and I've a new SSD for it. I'm hoping there's a way to move my programs and drivers from my Windows 7 Pro SSD over to the Windows 10 Pro SSD using the same machine. I thought...
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  8. Retrograde from win 10 to win 7

Retrograde from win 10 to win 7: I have a spare laptop running windows 10 but I want to retrograde it to run on windows 7, I have my original windows 7 dvd but when I try to install win 7 it stops when it tries to install the installation files and tells me to restart the installation. Help please...
  9. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  10. Reset to Win 7 from Win 10

Reset to Win 7 from Win 10: How do I delete a user when it does not have a name but a long number starting wit S-1-5-21-2703684248- etc. Tere is only one (1) user registered and that is the administrator. My notebook is "too old" (circa 2009) to handle Win10, therefore I need to revert back to Win 7...