Windows 10: Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

Discus and support Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PraveenB4, Aug 10, 2022.

1. PraveenB4 Win User

Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen

:)

PraveenB4, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Problem adding printer due to Active Directory Domain Services

Hi,

The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable occurs when a new printer gets installed and the system is looking for the printer's driver. You can try the following steps below on how to add the printer nd see if it will resolve the issue:

• On the search bar, type troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • On the left pane of the Control Panel window, click
      to view the list of apps.
    • Look for the Printer from the list then right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • After doing so, try adding your printer again.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Nosada Win User
    Active Directory Domain Controllers

Hey all,

In the spirit of crunching on CPU while folding on GPU, I've recently begun converting my older machines from F@H to WCG. The problem is however, several of those are Active Directory Domain controllers and BOINC seems unwilling to even install because of this. Anyone happen to know a way around this? I could demote these systems, but I kinda need them for studying/testing purposes.

Regards,
    Nos

Nosada, Aug 10, 2022
  4. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory - Similar Threads - Move Users another

2. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  3. Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission to modify Domain Admin user Active Directory: Hello everyone, we need to give helpdesk users the ability to reset/unlock/delete etc all users in the AD domain.Currently, by delegating domain control, they can only do this for users with permissions lower than theirs, but for users with the same permissions or higher they...
  4. RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers: I have a new Windows 11 workstation and I have installed the RSAT tool AD users and computers. My display does not show icons or names but show the type of objects and descriptions but not the name or icon. I have looked and I have my view set to details and advance features....
  5. RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers

RSAT tool AD Active directory users and computers: I have a new Windows 11 workstation and I have installed the RSAT tool AD users and computers. My display does not show icons or names but show the type of objects and descriptions but not the name or icon. I have looked and I have my view set to details and advance features....
  6. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  7. Active Directory user unable to connect to computer connected to the domain.

Active Directory user unable to connect to computer connected to the domain.: Hello,In one of the offices of our firm we are experiencing issues with I suppose the Domain Controller. On one of the computers User 1 is unable to sign in with their AD account on PC 1. User 2 has no issues logging in. At the same time User 1 has no issues logging in on PC...
  8. Active Directory user unable to connect to computer connected to the domain.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Active Directory user unable to connect to computer connected to the domain.: Hello,In one of the offices of our firm we are experiencing issues with I suppose the Domain Controller. On one of the computers User 1 is unable to sign in with their AD account on PC 1. User 2 has no issues logging in. At the same time User 1 has no issues logging in on PC...
  9. An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain could not be contacted

in Windows 10 News
    An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain could not be contacted: [IMG]While connecting to a domain or changing the computer name, if you are getting An Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for the domain “domain-name.com” could not be contacted error, here are some troubleshooting tips and tricks to fix this issue. It may appear due...
  10. active directory domain service

in Windows 10 Customization
    active directory domain service: When I try to print I get Active Directory Domain Service not installed. How do I download it and install the program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-service/99ace010-8ac1-471a-a5a0-1b1186907e02