Windows 10: Move all windows environment to replacement device

Discus and support Move all windows environment to replacement device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm about to turn in my Surface Pro 4 which suffers from the infamous flickerGate issue. From what I understand, a refurbished device will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tsikah, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tsikah Win User

Move all windows environment to replacement device

Hi,

I'm about to turn in my Surface Pro 4 which suffers from the infamous flickerGate issue. From what I understand, a refurbished device will be given to be as replacement.

I am not sure of what to do in order to maintain my programs, files and preferences on the "new" device so as to maintain a seamless transition.

Is this handled by Microsoft?

Please advise

:)

tsikah, Sep 12, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 12, 2018
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

4. Move all windows environment to replacement device

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Move all windows environment to replacement device

1. Move all windows environment to replacement device - Similar Threads - Move environment replacement

2. move windows 10 devices all to one Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    move windows 10 devices all to one Microsoft account: I have two Microsoft accounts with different emails, and wanted to have one of them contain all of my devices. There is a outlook.com email associated with one, and a gmail.com email associated with the second. Is this possible?I tried creating an alias for one account with...
  3. move windows 10 devices all to one Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move windows 10 devices all to one Microsoft account: I have two Microsoft accounts with different emails, and wanted to have one of them contain all of my devices. There is a outlook.com email associated with one, and a gmail.com email associated with the second. Is this possible?I tried creating an alias for one account with...
  4. move windows 10 devices all to one Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. REPLACE WINDOWS 10 IN NEW DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REPLACE WINDOWS 10 IN NEW DEVICE: THIS DESKTOPHAS BEEN DISASSEMBLED. I HAVE PURCHASED BRAND NEW SURFACE PRO 7 WITH KENSINGTON PRO DOCKING DEVICE TO REPLACE THIS DESKTOP . I PLAN TO LINK UP TWO EXTERNAL HHDs AND POSSIBLY ALSO THE NTERNAL HHD FROM THIS OBSOLETE DESKTOP AS ADDITIONAL PRIVATE "SERVER" POWERED...
  6. .Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update

.Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update: By a recent windows update in Windows feature Net Framework 3.5 got replaced by .Net environment. Now I am not able to start applications like powershell, docker desktop etc. which relies on .NET. Here is the New Windows Feature screen. Here you can find the Old Windows...
  7. Snipping tool is moving or being replaced?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool is moving or being replaced?: So snipping tool is "moving" but i want to know if that means to Microsoft Store (like paint) or is being replaced by Snip And Sketch cause i dont want to say bye bye to snipping tool and i would like it to at least live on in Microsoft Store...
  8. Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving, not replacing, files in Windows 10: I recently moved a file to another folder which already contained a file of the same name. I expected to be given the option of renaming the file being moved or cancelling the move. Instead, the file was moved in to the folder and the 'old' file was replaced. How can I...
  9. "Use a device/EFI DVD” in Windows Recovery Environment

"Use a device/EFI DVD” in Windows Recovery Environment: Dear Microsoft, My computer doesn’t boot up correctly. “Automatic repair” was unsuccessful. "Advanced Options/Troubleshoot/Reset this PC/Keep my files" results in “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” "Advanced...
  10. replace device administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replace device administrator: I want to know how to change my original account (admin) to a different account as admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-device-administrator/52050b2c-0ad8-46a3-bf6c-2034406a89b1