Windows 10: Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

Discus and support Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy. Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by xXBasiXx, Jul 28, 2020.

1. xXBasiXx Win User

Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

Hello,

my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy.

Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my second hard drive.

Can anyone tell me how I can best do this?

i've moved the minecraft folder before but then the main hard drive just got even fuller.

What does that suggest?

LG

:)

xXBasiXx, Jul 28, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive? [​IMG]

scopio, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Moving entire folders

You can't move a system folder. Moving the contents is easy.

• Create a sub-folder in the directory you want.
    • Open the original folder.
    • Ctrl+A will highlight all the contents of that folder.
    • Right click on it and drag to the destination folder in the left pane.
    • Release the mouse key and left click Copy Here.
    • If the move was successful, delete the contents in the original folder.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

Moving entire folders

How do I move an entire folder from, say documents to videos pics to music desktop to pics etc.... It is a pain in the podex to move one item @ time!

StewartJohnson-779, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

1. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive? - Similar Threads - Move entire Minecraft

2. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  3. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.: Bought an external hard drive to put music and photos etc onto in order to create space on my computer and had the less than brilliant idea to just move my entire user file as a sort of backup, mid transfer I'd realised I'd done something very wrong. What do I do now?...
  4. Accidentally moved entire user folder to external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  6. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  7. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  9. Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to move the "My Documents" folder to another hard drive: The reason why this is an issue is because my windows drive is almost full and there's no way to change were steam puts saves and world data. So, i need to move the entire folder to my other dtive which has around 556gb left while my c drive has about 19. So, is it even...
  10. Move hard drive to another machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move hard drive to another machine: I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine would there be any issues in doing so? I have the COA and...