Windows 10: Move app from non existent monitor

Discus and support Move app from non existent monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last time I used an app, I had 2nd monitor plugged into laptop. Used app on 2nd monitor and closed it. Not at home and open app on laptop without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DixieVD, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DixieVD Win User

Move app from non existent monitor

Last time I used an app, I had 2nd monitor plugged into laptop. Used app on 2nd monitor and closed it.

Not at home and open app on laptop without 2nd monitor. App shows up in task bar but not on desktop. How do I get it to move back to the laptop.

When I get back home and plug 2nd monitor in, it shows up there. If I move it to laptop and then unplug 2nd monitor it will stay. SOO that is a solution if I remember to move it every time I close the program. Would still like a solution for those times I am away from home and have forgotten to move the app back to the laptop before I closed it.

Thanks

:)

DixieVD, Jan 14, 2020

2. Settings App opens on a non-existent monitor and cannot be accessed

I have been successfully using three monitors on my Win 10 Pro Desktop for a long time. There is, I think, a limit of 3 monitors in Win 10, but somehow a 4th monitor appeared in Display Settings. I have never had a 4th monitor physically connected. Now
    some apps open on the non-existing monitor 4. The apps can be seen using Alt-Tab but when selecting them with Alt-Tab, I cannot actually get the apps on any of the three real monitors. I cannot access them at all except I can close them by typing the X within
    Alt-Tab. Now here is the real, non-trivial problem: All Settings open on the Phantom Monitor 4. I cannot change ANY settings because I cannot get to the Settings app. Right clicking on the desktop and selecting Display Settings causes the Display Settings
    app to open on the Phantom monitor, where I can only see the Display Settings app using Alt-Tab. I clearly see that 4 monitors are in the Display Settings but cannot shut down #4 or make any other change to any settings(not just display settings, ANY settings).
    How can I fix this? Microsoft Tech Answer has no answer except to do a clean reinstall of windows. Is there any less drastic option? This should be a challenge for the FixWin guys. I have disconnected all monitors except 1. The problem is still there.
    I still see a non-existent Monitor #2, and Settings open on it. By the way, it is not just Settings that open on the Phantom, my Chrome browser opens there too, and is inaccessible. I can close Chrome but cannot access it otherwise. I am uninstalling
    Chrome, and intend to reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem. Is there a way to uninstall just the Settings app and then to reinstall just it?

bluefishdeep, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Autocorrect in Win10... basically non-existent(?)

In this case, we suggest following the steps below to work around the issue:

• On the Cortana search box, type Typing Settings and press
      Enter.
    • Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Do step 1 and 2 but this time turn on Autocorrect misspelled words
      and Highlight misspelled words.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Check if the issue still exist.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Move app from non existent monitor - Similar Threads - Move app non

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?: For some reason, Windows determines that there are 2 monitors connected to the system, even though there is physically only 1. When installing updates, it makes this non-existent monitor the main one and opens all the windows on it, each time I have to perform a hack with...
  5. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?: For some reason, Windows determines that there are 2 monitors connected to the system, even though there is physically only 1. When installing updates, it makes this non-existent monitor the main one and opens all the windows on it, each time I have to perform a hack with...
  6. How to disconnect a non-existing monitor?

7. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  8. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  9. microphone is non existant

10. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...