Windows 10: Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

Discus and support Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I used EaseUS to clone my old boot drive HDD to a new SSD. The program said it was successful and I was able to boot into it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slow_Mangos, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

Long story short, I used EaseUS to clone my old boot drive HDD to a new SSD. The program said it was successful and I was able to boot into it just fine with all of my files.

I erased the old HDD and now Windows gives me the 0xc0000003 error and I can't repair the SSD with a bootable USB. I have another SSD that can hold Windows and was wondering if I could create Windows on there and transfer all my old files to it?

Or, if there is a way to make my SSD bootable, that would be great too.

submitted by /u/Slow_Mangos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slow_Mangos, Oct 11, 2020
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Harddisk Reviews @ TPU - your ideas please

I want to see real world benches, among with hardware benches. Things like:

• small to large transfers from a Gigabyte I-RAM to the hard drive, and vise versa.
    • O/S booting times.
    • Game loading times.
    then things like...

• Benchmarks from HDtach...etc.
    and finally...

• Acoustic noises
    • Temperatues

You should go for the I-RAM for it does not bottle the hard drive. Also you might throw a external hdd controller.

3. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

Can't boot from new drive

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not following you...

• What are you suggesting I unplug? Other USB devices? Done, but made no difference. (Ethernet? Monitors? Don't think that'll help.)
    • Not sure I understand your partitioning advice?
    • Also unclear about SSD drivers; if there was a driver issue, wouldn't it had failed to work at all? (As mentioned, I am able to boot Windows from the new drive as long as the old one is still plugged in...and it works just fine as a secondary drive.)

Touchdown4308, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa.

1. Move Boot files to new drive or vise versa. - Similar Threads - Move Boot files

2. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive: I built a new PC recently and got a new m.2 SSD Which is my new boot drive/ :C Drive. I was wondering if it was safe to take my old PC :C Drive and put it in my new one and wipe it? Will this cause any issues since there would be two drives with windows installed on them?...
  3. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive: I built a new PC recently and got a new m.2 SSD Which is my new boot drive/ :C Drive. I was wondering if it was safe to take my old PC :C Drive and put it in my new one and wipe it? Will this cause any issues since there would be two drives with windows installed on them?...
  4. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?: Hello,I recently bought a new SSD in order to replace the old HDD in my laptop. During the installation of Windows 10 on the new SSD I foolishly didn't remove the old HDD from my laptop so now I have two versions of Windows 10 in both drives. Even though Windows run properly...
  6. Networking issue Accessing Win10 & WIN7 computers vise-versa on wi-fi networking

Networking issue Accessing Win10 & WIN7 computers vise-versa on wi-fi networking: Hi Greetings!I am using a networking in my office in which some computers are running on Win7 and some on Win10 inclusing laptop.We have connected all computers through Wi-fi networking system on auto DHPC.My problem is that all computes/laptops having Win7 are accessible to...
  7. How to move Windows boot files to new drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move Windows boot files to new drive?: I have an old PC which I have upgraded over the years. It used to be a Vista / Win 7 PC which I then dual booted with Win 10 on a separate new HDD - and also Ubuntu on the Win 7 HDD - but the boot information has always remained on the original Win 7 HDD. I recently fitted a...
  8. When I push the " button I get @ symbol. and vise versa.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I push the " button I get @ symbol. and vise versa.: Does anyone know how to fix a little problem I am having? I have a windows 10 laptop and when I push the " button I get @ instead and others keys are doing the same....
  9. Cant move files onto a new drive

Cant move files onto a new drive: Hello. Recently ive bought a 2TB E: disk. It was working fine and i could move everything onto it up til recently, when i tried to move around 20 GB folder. I got an error that the disk is full and the files couldnt be moved but the disk still has 1.7 TB Free Space. Heres the...
  10. my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my built in speakers weren't working, only through my astro headphones, now vise versa...: my Realtek speakers weren't working, only my headphones, now my speakers work but it wont pick up my usb headphones. getting very frustrated with automatic updates not allowing me to pick which way I want to hear the sound out of my computer. I've troubleshot through settings...