Windows 10: Move C drive to new drive

Discus and support Move C drive to new drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Morning guys.So I have installed a new m.2 SSD into my motherboard. I have a SSD as my main boot drive and a HDD as my Data drive. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyburghRoux, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Move C drive to new drive

Morning guys.So I have installed a new m.2 SSD into my motherboard. I have a SSD as my main boot drive and a HDD as my Data drive. Is there a way to move my C drive to my m.2 SSD and changing it to C drive without having to reinstall windows 10?

:)

MyburghRoux, Jun 24, 2021

2. Installing Windows on my new C drive

Current Situation: My C Disk is cramming up and I decided to change a new C disk.

Currently my computer storage is composed of an SSD (being my C disk) and an HDD. I bought a new SSD and desire to somehow transfer my current system into the new SSD along with the current environmental variables, user data, both program files folder, and
    various other folders instead of installing a brand new system on my new C drive.

Questions I am currently wondering:

1. I noticed the function provided by windows called "Create a system image". Currently my softwares are distributed evenly in my C drive (SSD) and D drive (HDD). I am not changing my HDD, so softwares installed there will not be removed. If I only choose
      to backup my system in my C drive, can I still run my softwares on my HDD after changing a C drive and reinstalling Windows using the generated ISO file?
    2. Does this function "create a system image" pack up the environmental variables, registry, along with all other folders in my C drive, or only the minimal system?
    3. If I extract the system image ISO into my new C drive, can I somehow "extract" from the ISO file to create a new system in my new drive? If not, is it possible to make my new C drive a windows Boot USB, and directly installing the windows system onto itself?
    4. What is your suggested method of making this move?

Thank you for your help!!

Power_tile, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Move C drive to new drive

C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Move C drive to new drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Move C drive to new drive

1. Move C drive to new drive - Similar Threads - Move drive drive

2. Move C Drive to New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move C Drive to New PC: Hi everyone,I'm trying to replace my motherboard and CPU from i9-9900Z390 to i5-13600Z790. I'm using M2 SSD as my C drive now and trying to move it to my new motherboard.What should i do now? Should I just simply move my SSD into new motherboard and run it? Or do I need to...
  3. Move C Drive to New PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move C Drive to New PC: Hi everyone,I'm trying to replace my motherboard and CPU from i9-9900Z390 to i5-13600Z790. I'm using M2 SSD as my C drive now and trying to move it to my new motherboard.What should i do now? Should I just simply move my SSD into new motherboard and run it? Or do I need to...
  4. moving C drive to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving C drive to a new computer: Hello all,My computer is acting up and I decided to build a new one.My plan is to simply install my C drive Windows 11 into the new build and hope everything goes OK.If it matters, my current motherboard is a ROG Maximus XI Hero WiFi Z390 chipset, and the new board will be an...
  5. moving C drive to a new computer

moving C drive to a new computer: Hello all,My computer is acting up and I decided to build a new one.My plan is to simply install my C drive Windows 11 into the new build and hope everything goes OK.If it matters, my current motherboard is a ROG Maximus XI Hero WiFi Z390 chipset, and the new board will be an...
  6. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  7. D drive Storage moved to C drive

D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  8. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive

Moving installed programs from a non-C drive to C drive: I recently invested in a 256GB SSD to replace my old mechanical 1TB HDD. The SSD is obviously much smaller than my old HDD, so a while ago (in anticipation of this upgrade) I split my C: drive in to two (a C:\ and an S:\ drive), and symlinked a load of programs/games/etc.,...
  10. Moving C drive to a new drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....