Windows 10: Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

Discus and support Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dave74, Dec 15, 2019.

1. dave74 Win User

Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C:
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.476
    How do I safely move C: and it's associated system reserved partition to a new SSD?
    Thanks

Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives [​IMG]

:)

dave74, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Steve Iam Win User

C Drive partitions

I just cloned my C drive from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD drive.

Never noticed the EFI System or Recovery partitions before!

Can these be useful or can I delete both or one?

I do all backups to other drives not on the computer.

Steve Iam, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Change partition as system and to drive C

I just installed windows 7 x64 on drive B (boot,crash dump and primary partition), then i decided to completely remove vista x64 on drive c(system,page file,active and primary partition) and make that as another data storage.But i cant delete or format the drive C.How can i do it?And i want the windows 7x64 to be mark as drive C.Can you help me?They're both on same single hardisk.

rizshinigami, Dec 15, 2019
  4. lacrumb Win User

Resetting Win10 on a partitioned SSD (C:// & D:// Drives)

One of the first things I would suggest is that you re-partition the Disk to have more drives. Then you can keep ayour data separated into logical groups. Like keeping all your photos on a separate partition, of course one for the System C: and programs
    and apps, one for current data if you belong to a club or a school class.

I have 5 lettered partitions on my 500 GB SSD and there are 3 or 4 cystem partitions that do not have letters an they are small.

lacrumb, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives - Similar Threads - Move drive SSD

2. Partition of the drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition of the drive c: I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing...
  3. Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitioned C drive for using 2 operating systems.: I have partitioned my C drive and installed Wiindows 10 into the Key position. I need to install Windows 7 into the 2nd Partition. How is that done?...
  4. Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move C: drive to SSD but there are system partitions on 2 drives: My c: drive is failing so I need to move it a new SSD, however my system has system reserved partitions on 2 separate drives and to my untrained eye it looks as if the booting system reserved partition is G: which is not on the same disk as C: Windows 10 Pro version 1903...
  5. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...
  6. Moving C drive to a new drive

Moving C drive to a new drive: Hello My main C drive is starting to pack up. Is it possible to transfer my complete C drive to a new hard drive and keep my windows and all of my programs? Thank you for the help. I use windows 10 64bit....
  7. Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition: I'm trying to use my 500 GB drive for storage. Windows is asking to format the SSD buuuut it has the "System Reserved" with only 594 MB. So will formatting the SDD get rid of the "System Reserved" and crash the computer and stop the computer from booting...
  8. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  9. C drive partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  10. Partitions on C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965