Windows 10: move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that...

Discus and support move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter's account has $$ in it, but we want to remove her from my husbands microsoft account and add her to mine, will she loose the $$ associated... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SaraBNew, May 13, 2020.

1. SaraBNew Win User

move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that...

My daughter's account has $$ in it, but we want to remove her from my husbands microsoft account and add her to mine, will she loose the $$ associated with her account?

:)

SaraBNew, May 13, 2020
  2. JoniJones Win User

Adding a child family member

Thanks for your reply. Here are my responses to your questions.

• Adult accounts - set to administrator? How many?
      Yes set to admin. Two are, however both aren't connected to my son's account, only mine shows connection to his.

• Child accounts - set to child and connected to a Microsoft Account? How many?
      Yes, one child account is connected.

• Does
      account.microsoft.com/family
      show your family correctly?
      When I log in with my email, it shows my son as a child on my account.
    I don't know what this statement means.
    Section for the kids - should show a line item for each MSA (where settings will be applied to all Windows 10 and Windows Phone devices), and a separate line for each other non-Windows 10 device connected to the Family service.

JoniJones, May 13, 2020
  3. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, May 13, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that...

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that... - Similar Threads - move child family

2. I accidently deleted my husband as a family member on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently deleted my husband as a family member on my Microsoft account: I accidently removed my husband as a family member on my shared Microsoft paid account. I am trying to invite him back, but his email says it is over limit for the storage and not sending/receiving mail....
  3. I accidently deleted my husband as a family member on my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently deleted my husband as a family member on my Microsoft account: I accidently removed my husband as a family member on my shared Microsoft paid account. I am trying to invite him back, but his email says it is over limit for the storage and not sending/receiving mail....
  4. Family Accounts not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Accounts not mine: Hello, I recently built a gaming PC and installed windows 10 pro. I went to the family and other users menu in the settings. I noticed two accounts on there that are no way linked to me at all. I am having trouble using google chrome because of the parental settings. One of...
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. need to change my family members account from child to wife

need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  7. Windows 10 will not let family member child account login

Windows 10 will not let family member child account login: I am setting up a child account on a laptop that I have been using for a couple months. I have completed the child account setup process completely, the account shows up on the laptop, but when I try to login to it, it never fully logs in, and just kicks me back to the login...
  8. Change Family Member Status From Child to Sister

Change Family Member Status From Child to Sister: Dear All, Anyone know how to change my sister status on my family account? She's listed as my child, and i need to change it to "Sister"....
  9. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  10. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...