Windows 10: Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

Discus and support Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 with Home for a new user, and I want them to use the Enterprise license I assigned to him through the Office Portal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deezul_AwT, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

Just purchased a Surface Pro 7 with Home for a new user, and I want them to use the Enterprise license I assigned to him through the Office Portal. There's no way to add a Home computer to Azure AD directly. So I found another site to use a trial volume key to get the computer at least upgraded to Enterprise. This allowed me to have the user join our Azure AD. I ran slmgr /upk to remove the temporary key. But now Activation keeps saying it can't contact my KMS. My organization's activation server is O365. Using the troubleshooter, it simply says it can't activate. I added an Enterprise key to my AAD account and I'm hitting the same wall. If I role back to the home license, I'm afraid it will jack up the Enterprise install, and I'll be back to where I was before. How can I remove whatever key is still installed, and get the computer to check in with O365 and use a key from there?

submitted by /u/Deezul_AwT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deezul_AwT, Mar 4, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 4, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Windows licensing - confusion

Alright thanks for the links and information, might hit up those partner/retailer places and inquire about it. Thank you for clearing things =] *Big Grin Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license :D *Respect :respect:

psyko12, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Jignesh# Win User

Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license

Hi i have a client who using enterprise license for windows 7 Pro and office 2010 Pro on 100 machines, now they would like to upgrade with using retail license windows 10 Pro and office 2016 or 2019 Pro,

kindly advise is that possible to surrender all enterprise license on same time and upgrade with retail license.

Thank You.

Jignesh#, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license

1. Move computer from Home license to Enterprise license - Similar Threads - Move computer Home

2. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing: My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the technician it would need a new OS key because the enterprise key would no longer work because it would not get security updates. 1....
  3. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing: My wife was given her machine from work which had a windows enterprise license. I am having it restored to factory settings but was told by the technician it would need a new OS key because the enterprise key would no longer work because it would not get security updates. 1....
  4. Transfer from Enterprise OS licensing to Home OS Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Enterprise licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enterprise licensing: Good day. What are the licensing options for Windows 10 computers of about 100 pcs. with the possibility of monitoring the licensed equipment, as well as the transfer of the operating system from one computer to another?...
  6. Enterprise licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enterprise licensing: Good day. What are the licensing options for Windows 10 computers of about 100 pcs. with the possibility of monitoring the licensed equipment, as well as the transfer of the operating system from one computer to another?...
  7. Enterprise licensing

8. Moving a windows home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a windows home license: Is it possible to move a MS Windows Home license from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-windows-home-license/d294de92-6a08-403e-8abf-876c10ec75fa
  9. Moving a windows home license

Moving a windows home license: Is it possible to move a MS Windows Home license from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-windows-home-license/d294de92-6a08-403e-8abf-876c10ec75fa
  10. Moving a windows home license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade